ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Red Dead Redemption

Octy VRS
It will be nothing like the last one which I thought was a bit linear. This will be like GTA on Peyote.

Octy VRS
Should be a good bunch of games coming out around that time too. Take 2's other big release Mafia 2 should be set for release around then.

Revels Mum & Sister
Holy crap that looks insane. April though :(

I see he was rocking out the Under lever carbine. I was using one of those last night at the range. Great fun!

S3, Polo
After Assassins Creed, I'm not sure I can be arsed with another open-world game. Spending 80% of your time in the game running between missions/ set-pieces is a bit of a cop-out IMO!

I've got a short attention span, so the likes of Uncharted 2 are perfect for me.

Have to see though, I'm sure it'll be great... :)

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
After Assassins Creed, I'm not sure I can be arsed with another open-world game. Spending 80% of your time in the game running between missions/ set-pieces is a bit of a cop-out IMO!

I've got a short attention span, so the likes of Uncharted 2 are perfect for me.

Have to see though, I'm sure it'll be great... :)

It certainly will be great. I get exactly what you mean too, as it won't be to everyone's tastes. I personally love open world games like this, GTA, Assassins Creed and Fallout 3.

Octy VRS
I prefer open world games to set paths. I like the oppurtunity to explore and just go for a wander for the hell of it and admire the scenery. Does take up a lot of time but that's half the fun for me.

182 Cup
Looks epic cant wait for this! :D

Got the first uncharted yesterday, completed it already haha. Now gonna buy the 2nd one and AC2 also.

I'm bored of MW2 and Fifa10, so after the 2 above i'm going to complete MGS4 and KZ2 then hopefully something new will be out.

That does look good!

Any idea if its coming to PC? Looks like the graphics are great with the shadows and all, so a PC version will be ideal. Aslong as its not a bad port.

Octy VRS
A list of various preorder 'bonuses' on VG247

VG247 » Blog Archive » Red Dead Redemption pre-order incentives for US and UK

Pre-order deals are coming out of the woodwork for Red Dead Redemption, and we have ‘em listed for you below.

At GAME, pre-ordering the cowboy shooter will net you the Deadly Assassin outfit, providing you with increased Dead Eye (slow-mo shootin’) regeneration.

Amazon UK customers get the Golden Guns Pack, which makes you more famous with each kill, resulting in more side missions and costing you less in bribes when dealing with corrupt lawmen.

HMV pre-orders contain the War Horse Pack, which is a faster horse that’s more resistant to damage.

Zavvi customers get a Brady Games mini-guide.

The War Horse and Golden Guns pre-order goodies are also available at Best Buy and Amazon in the US, respectively, and you already know about the GameStop free outfit voting going on.

Game Crazy is offering the Brady mini-guide, while Target and Walmart will hand over $5 and $10 gift cards, respectively, with a free t-shirt from Rockstar Warehouse.

Game’s out April 27 and 30 in the US and UK, respectively, and NYC is getting prepared for it as we speak.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Indeed. I don't know how it would better GTA, but the thinking is that it will and will win GOTY 2010. Bold prediction, considering it isn't even released yet.

Does look good, mind.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
yeah i think it is gonig to be hard pushed to imo beat gta4. that was jsut a beasty game. it blew me away as for me it seemed such an advancement with the game engine, the small touches. such a mind blowing game. however they lost it with the story/character. it jsut left me cold.

I didn't get immersed unlike vice city for example.

RDR is using the GTA engine so if they can nail the story and make the characters and story turely immersive it will be a gta4 beater. hard task though!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I couldn't agree more Seb, also the islands were better looking than previous but then very dark and fiddly, couldn't find your way about as easy as the others.

Vice city captured the imagination perfect!

1.8 Civic EX
imo it doesn't have to try too hard at all to do better than GTA4. I though it was a pile of over hyped turd tbh lol

Agree the advanacements made in the look and feel of the game were good but it made it a little too "reallistic" if that makes sense which took away from the fun.

Hoping due to this being in the "wild west" the realism will be dropped down a peg or too to bring back the fun factor. I'm just a little worried that as it is set in th wild west it could be used as a very good excuse for lage expanses of emptiness that you have to travel across every mission to get some where...bad times if it does :(