ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Red Dead Redemption

Anyone want to 'posy' up later and go flower gathering? ;)

Today have been mostly hunting! TBH if all this game was, was hunting animals in a large sandbox world it would be win as the mechanics are just so much fun!

What are the easy ways to make money (hunting is slow!) and what do you need money for apart from ammo/maps/horses??

Golf GTi Mk2
Just before i went to mexico i got busted by bounty hunters who took ALL my money and slung me in jail (gaol?), i'm looking for a few quick buck now too, i do loot every body for the odd few bucks, mounts up after clearing a gang hideout but think gambling is the way forward.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I found the quickest way to make money was doing the "Lights, Camera, Action" side quest, as it takes you to Thieves Landing and gives you a $200 stake in a game of Liars Dice. With 2 other AI playing, you can win $600 every time. Just keep playing and playing. I quit when I got over $5000. The game itself is pretty confusing at first, but winnable every time once you get the hang of what's going on. I think once you quit and leave the bar, the stake reduces back to $20 so you need to have a bit of free time (I think the games themselves can last up to 10 minutes sometimes).

Other than that, gambling and treasure hunting/selling is a decent money making scheme.

57 Clio Campus Sport
Anyone want to 'posy' up later and go flower gathering? ;)

Today have been mostly hunting! TBH if all this game was, was hunting animals in a large sandbox world it would be win as the mechanics are just so much fun!

What are the easy ways to make money (hunting is slow!) and what do you need money for apart from ammo/maps/horses??

I can be on in a bit.

GT: DeathCab 4 Sam

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
wolves are a good for monies, pelts are sumat like $18 just keep killing them

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti
omg ive tried for the whole weekend to get online and it just comes up with not able to connect with other players! ive searched on google and loads of forums are all saying the same thing!

I can be on in a bit.

GT: DeathCab 4 Sam

Soz bud am rolling with this one on the PS3, didn't have the HD space on my xbox!

wolves are a good for monies, pelts are sumat like $18 just keep killing them

Yes your right, so are deers and bucks and armadillos will even give you $13!

Just made $500 today with my hunting efforts! Love it!

Now I used the $500 to buy a horse deed! Can anyone explain how they work?:eek:

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
Soz bud am rolling with this one on the PS3, didn't have the HD space on my xbox!

Yes your right, so are deers and bucks and armadillos will even give you $13!

Just made $500 today with my hunting efforts! Love it!

Now I used the $500 to buy a horse deed! Can anyone explain how they work?:eek:

When your horse dies just click on the dead, wait for a min or head ti a save point and press up to whistle it.

You'll always have that horse now, even if it dies just click again and whistle.

When your horse dies just click on the dead, wait for a min or head ti a save point and press up to whistle it.

You'll always have that horse now, even if it dies just click again and whistle.

Thank you

So should I put a bullet in my current steed and then call upon the services of the newly bought horse?

What if its a worse horse than my current steed lol!

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
Depends what steed your upto.

I own all 3 of the 3 star horses so if my current kicks the bucket i just click any deed and roberts my sisters brother.

83.9% complete for me.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Orville Wright lol?

Yea thats the fella, i had been collecting the feathers for ages ddnt know what they were for but i didnt sell them, anyway spoke to him the first time then noticed a rattle snake near me so wipped my 12 gage and smashed it full of buck shot and he frigging legged it, i thought jesus you tart

Mountune Tractor
Why the f**k haven't I seen or read anything about this game?!
I need this in my life. Goodbye MW2!

Depends what steed your upto.

I own all 3 of the 3 star horses so if my current kicks the bucket i just click any deed and roberts my sisters brother.

83.9% complete for me.

How do you check the start rating mate:cool: Sorry for all the q's!

Yea thats the fella, i had been collecting the feathers for ages ddnt know what they were for but i didnt sell them, anyway spoke to him the first time then noticed a rattle snake near me so wipped my 12 gage and smashed it full of buck shot and he frigging legged it, i thought jesus you tart

Seriously lol?

Just a guess as it was the wright brothers who 'invented' aviation!

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I'm around 18 hours in. Done just under 50% which shows how much I've been pissing around. Trying to do the treasure hunting. On rank 7 at the moment.

Also, forgot to mention, has anyone done the flower collecting for the elderly guy near Thieves Landing? He wants a bouquet for his wife. I laughed out loud when I saw his wife and at Marston's comments :clown:

Yeah i've not long done that one... i dont know how far i am on though. Done a few missions for west dickins and just got the ammo with irish. Been messing around too much hunting and playing poker tho.

Back on to it in a bit for a good few hours!

Last edited:
  UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I have no idea how to play poker, so I've left that alone. I also did a mission for Landon Ricketts where I had to play a game of cards, and I've still got absolutely no clue as to how I won.

The Beast MK4
Just 2 missions left in Mexico for me then its onto West Elizabeth, game has been quite frustrating recently with my PS3 crashing during cutscenes. Seems to have moved on for the last few though thankfully!

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
How do you check the start rating mate:cool: Sorry for all the q's!

Seriously lol?

Just a guess as it was the wright brothers who 'invented' aviation!

Tis alreet, the star rating is on the deed itself, the bottom 3, kentucky sadler/american standardbred and 1 other are 3 stars

cost about $1000-1500 iirc.

If you go for one get the stadardbred, its black for a start and imo is the fastest in teh game... Not had the warhorse though.

Anyone tell me where in the map orville is, cant find him.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Warhorse is awesome, but such a stupid b*stard. I get off him to do something, like pick up a flower or skin an animal, and the dumb f*cker runs off so I have to chase him to get back on. Even when I whistle he runs right past me.

Stand still, FFS. He was close to getting a bullet in his face the other day while I was getting bitten by Coyote's and Rattlesnakes.

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
Haha i've done that a few times tbh, if they dare run from me like its some silly game they get some serious lead to the head lol.

NOW SOMEONE TELL ME WHERE THE FLYING GUY IS!!

LY R27
Warhorse is awesome, but such a stupid b*stard. I get off him to do something, like pick up a flower or skin an animal, and the dumb f*cker runs off so I have to chase him to get back on. Even when I whistle he runs right past me.

Stand still, FFS. He was close to getting a bullet in his face the other day while I was getting bitten by Coyote's and Rattlesnakes.

Have to agree, warhorse is a stupid c*nt, whistled to it once when I was near a lake and the silly c*nt runs straight past me, into the lake and drowns.

FFS.

White Sti Hatch
My game just froze on me :(

just got to Mexico and heading for LB point on the map just ouside it and its frozen

S3, Polo
Mine froze when I went to return the opium money to the English bloke in Choparosa.

Bizarre circumstances too, it was just loading an interior cut-scene (low poly count, nothing too intensive for the processor, etc.). Odd.

Still, it seems to have not done it since (*crosses fingers*).

106 GTi - soon to be Clio
Tis alreet, the star rating is on the deed itself, the bottom 3, kentucky sadler/american standardbred and 1 other are 3 stars

cost about $1000-1500 iirc.

If you go for one get the stadardbred, its black for a start and imo is the fastest in teh game... Not had the warhorse though.

Anyone tell me where in the map orville is, cant find him.

They cost $500-750 if you have decent honor levels, so anyone wanting to buy one, wait untill then.

The bloke with the plane wasn't called orville (although yes that is clearly who he's based upon), he was near Casa Madrugada IIRC (he's no longer on my map).

Get collecting your beaver furs - took me forever to find the little b******s!

Great game, I had only been waiting about a year for its release....

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Have you guys managed to discover all of new austin yet? I'm missing one place but not too sure where/what it is?

Just managed to mow down the gang using the gatlin gun and will be heading off to mexico afer a brew! 15hours 37% complete.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
They cost $500-750 if you have decent honor levels, so anyone wanting to buy one, wait untill then.

The bloke with the plane wasn't called orville (although yes that is clearly who he's based upon), he was near Casa Madrugada IIRC (he's no longer on my map).

Get collecting your beaver furs - took me forever to find the little b*****ds!

Great game, I had only been waiting about a year for its release....

The plane guy is called Charles Kinnear. I don't have any beaver pelt's yet, either. Got everything else.

106 GTi - soon to be Clio
That's the one.

I too did what you did and made a killing off Liar's dice -although mine was heads up unlike yours :( so I could only double my money each time rather than win $600... must've been the time I played the mission

1.8 Civic EX
Still sold out everywhere till Saturday at the earliest. Ghey.

really? I went shopping at the weekend and all the usual shops (Game, Gamestation, HMV etc) round here had plenty, all with posters in the window "Back in Stock".

I still stand by my original comment that it really isn't such a great game as reviews etc would lead you to believe.

It's alright, passes the time I guess and some elements are kinda cool but nothing really major that makes it jump out from any other game.

I'll be dissapointed if it ends up getting game of the year...