ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

red light insurance

Artic Blue 182
clio 182 went up from £832 to £1167 fully comp i carnt believe why did i go through the red light!

3 points £60 fine! :(

Megane 265 Cup
Wouldn't have thought thats why your insurance went up to be honest...you sure it's not just the general rise in insurance?

ph1 172
Shop about. Don't accept your renewal quote.

I've just got mine through. They wanted £450 and i've just found a quote for £360:approve:

Ohh and in future don't be an amber gambler;)

Disastra Coupe
Always worth shopping around. You can 90% guarantee you will beat your renewal price if you do.

Red light proves you're a driver who risks things. Disregards things.

A normal SP30 wouldn't have done that to your policy.

MR2 Mk1.5
clio 182 went up from £832 to £1167 fully comp i carnt believe why did i go through the red light!

3 points £60 fine! :(

That is a big load of your policy for a minor offence! As stated(and if this is a renewal) you have to factor in the nationwide rise in insurance prices.

Ollie
Sky Insurance

Last edited:
  MR2 Mk1.5
Red light proves you're a driver who risks things. Disregards things.

A normal SP30 wouldn't have done that to your policy.

We view that a little differently as it is such a common offence. One is usually fine, two and we would look at loading the policy..

MR2 Mk1.5
Always worth shopping around. You can 90% guarantee you will beat your renewal price if you do.

This is good advice but (especially with internet quotations) be very careful you are not buying a stripped down policy with a high excess. A lot of companies will offer a substandard product at a bargain price to lure you in. When you need your insurance most this is when you may wish you didn't just buy the cheapest product!