ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Red Power Cable for Amp

Got a MK3 08 plate Clio, how the hell do I get this 4AWG wire through to the engine bay? Do I take that gromit out? Don't think it's big enough for this to go through :(

Mini Cooper S
I poked a screwdriver into the rubber, then tried to make a bigger hole in it. Eventually got the 4AWG through. Took f**king ages!!!

Once eventually through...take the airbox out to gain access to it.

So what rubber are we talking about here mate? The rubber that surrounds the gromit?

Yeah the airbox won't be a problem, just wanna get this damn wire through.

clio 182cup
I poked a screwdriver into the rubber, then tried to make a bigger hole in it. Eventually got the 4AWG through. Took f**king ages!!!

Once eventually through...take the airbox out to gain access to it.
Yes it is...took me ages too... but it the only way

Mini Cooper S
So what rubber are we talking about here mate? The rubber that surrounds the gromit?

Yeah the airbox won't be a problem, just wanna get this damn wire through.

Yes... the surrounding, get a very thin screwdriver that will poke through the rubber, then open up the engine bay and see if you can see the other end of the screwdriver. If you can, carry on stabbing/trying to poke the wire through...it will eventually happen. Have faith!

You can always drill a hole if you're a lazy f**ker, but I don't really fancy having a hole in my bulkhead.

That's true that's true. So just keep going at it with a screwdriver .. Great. Got a feeling this is gna be a long thing to get this wire through. Argh. Might just drill it though lol, get the size of the wire drill bit and go at it. I can lift the rubber up? ANd can see another black rubber thing underneath surrounding the gromit. Is that the one you are on about?

Mini Cooper S
Hammer won't help!!

In my written off clio, the ICE place drilled through the bulkhead, but I don't think he had a clue!

Yeah...you dont want to pierce the middle, the surrounding part!

Have you had the joy of taking hours to fiddle about with the head unit, shuffling all the cables around,so it clips into the cage yet?

Yeah that was one hell of a game! My word. Hate the stupid design that they've done on this car.

But I guess I'll have to go at it with a screwdriver then. So keep poking at it until i have a big enough hole? How far do you have to poke lol