ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

redex

clio rxe

does that redex fluid stuff do any good? i thin im supposed to put it in ever time i put in petrol, is it worth it?

Skoda Fabia vRS

its one of the market leaders in fuel treatments

heard lots of good stuff about Forte from some of my customers, got a bottle myself but its not worth usin it yet

Audi S3 225

Ive been using it for a while now, not sure if its made much difference i just add it to the petrol whenever i fill my tank.

300bhp MR2 Turbo

Cleans your injectors and takes xs carbon build up out of your engine - freeing up a little power.

Worth using on older cars.

300bhp MR2 Turbo

No you wont really need it for an X plate mate, not unless you done some serious miles in it.

Audi S3 225

my cars y reg with 27k miles, sure it cant do much damage, if anything it must be doing something good.

Acts as a slight octane booster aswell, so has a similar effect to Optimax, etc. Give a little more poke, cleans the jets and value housings...worth a shot every so often.

does it heck give more poke. I use it every fill up cos on a cold morning the ticking noise from my car pinking drives me crazy and thats the easiest solution.

172 FF

Get some Nitrox Hot Shot (if they still make it). That will make a difference.

Redex is only good if you need to clean out injectors or spark plugs etc... to get it running smoother.

These so called engine cleaners can only work on the pre combustion side of the engine.....which means the injectors ONLY.

The injectors are placed jsut before the inlet valve so from there to the chamber is about 4-6" at most...and thats the only part it will clean, all the tacky grimy oil vapour mess in the inlet manifold remains.

Only good for injectors, and its not a great cleaner either.