ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Refurb problems

Track 172 Cup
went to pick up my refurbished speedline 2118's which were supposed to be done the week before Christmas and had to be took back due to big runs in the paint (they apologised and said I could have them back Christmas eve so told them I don't need them till Jan so take their time and do a good job, supposed to pick them up Monday 5th Jan couldn't make it so rang today before I went to be told they had started them this morning (probably Bull****) and they would be ready next week said that's unacceptable I need them back so they told me Friday. Excuse after excuse but my dad picked them up for me the first time and paid them got them home only to find the runs and took them back dunno what to do if the paint finish is poor again (refund too much to ask after the work they have done even though poor). The place I have used was recommended to me by a couple of people in work and they quoted me £200 (bare wheels no tyres removing or re fitting, weights or balancing needed) I was looking round their workshop all seemed well and he said he would do them for £180 (as I work with his sons cousin). They weren't that bad to be fair no big curb marks mainly paint damage and brake dust. Should have just stuck them straight on the track car and not bothered with the refurb now I look back (went half's with my dad on the car so he wanted them doing so they looked decent I wasn't fussed) Pictures of before the refurb when I got them home after buying them.
Alloy.jpg
Alloys x 4.jpg

Track 172 Cup
should of just sent them to city powder coaters, £20 per wheel!!

Are these the people in Birmingham? To be fair though I wanted them painting not powder coated just my preference, may change from now on though.

Track 172 Cup
Mega p1ssed. Just picked my wheels up for the 2nd time in 3 weeks and this is what I got.... Runs in the middle, saint still soft, still see the primer on the back in some places and when I (very slowly) peeled the masking tape off the back edge off the rim the paint peeled off, feels like sand under the paint on the rear of the wheels and 2 wheels have chips on the face and some places look like the finish on a golf ball. Got home and seen the damage in better lighting and rang the guy and he was wasn't too happy that I wanted a refund or some of my money back as I understand he has spend SOME time doing them, started being a d1kc and wouldn't give me a receipt (we only do cash bla bla) I had to buy paint in to do them (after he asked me what colour I wanted and I said white and his reply was 'Oh I'm doing some wheels in white in a few days I will do them at the same time).

Now also I specifically asked for the whole wheel to be done not just the face as yes I'm pretty fussy. But am I being unreasonable to ask for a refund or part of my money back on this work?? He said they would be dipped and I can see what looks old paint under the new stuff like he has just cleaned and re-sprayed over the old paint told me to bring them back in a few weeks when he's available and he will re do them (a 3rd time).

So Just rang a local powder coater (who was recommended AFTER I took these to be done, typical) Went down he was more than happy to show me a few sets he had done and roll cages etc and they looked spot on £140 a set of 4 wheels doing the entire wheel front/back/middle and have them ready for Monday afternoon if I get them too him before 9am on the day. If City Powder coaters were closer and I didn't want the hassle of posting them I think I would have used them.
20150109_140245.jpg
20150109_140303.jpg
20150109_140332.jpg
20150109_140944.jpg
View attachment 120103
20150109_141109.jpg
20150109_141148.jpg
20150109_141208.jpg
20150109_141259.jpg
20150109_141314.jpg

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I don't actually think it's that bad. Once the tyres are on and they're on the car, will you notice?? I doubt it.
Put it down to experience and just don't use/recommend them again.
As you said, it's a track car. Plus, it was only £180 and they look a million times better than before.

RB Clio 182
Fish eyes, runs and chips in new refurbished wheels. Did the guy tell you that you get these imperfections free with the refurb?

Track 172 Cup
guy was a to55er AFTER the 2nd time he tried them, and Daniel did you see the edges where the paint is peeling off lol soon as you go near them to clean with a jet wash they would peel off, the stone chips on the front and the runs. If I wanted tatty wheels I could have kept them as they were (and just cleaned them or rattle canned them myself) and not been fussed. But I did say to him I wanted the whole wheel doing. But you can still see primer under the paint at the rear too (pictures don't show it that great), Track car or not I still don't think that means anything in terms of some ones work quality.

Took them the powder coaters this morning to be done properly, And before I did I put my finger round the wheel with my nail not even that hard just like you would if you had some tar on them or the likes, and the paint come off down to bare alloy the powder coater even said that it was a terrible job, I would have dreaded putting tyres on the rims.

Oh my god, they made a hash of that didn't they, jesus. The fact they let them go out like that is disgusting...........you'll need a full strip to bare alloy to put that right lol, wet spraying wheels takes practice!

Track 172 Cup
I know lol getting them stripped back to bare alloy and powder coated, AND he said he doesn't hang them to paint he does the backs them turns them over and does the front so the backs would always have slight marks.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
I don't actually think it's that bad. Once the tyres are on and they're on the car, will you notice?? I doubt it.
Put it down to experience and just don't use/recommend them again.
As you said, it's a track car. Plus, it was only £180 and they look a million times better than before.

Not sure if srs?
£180 is a lot of money to me and if I was to give that away for that job i'd be seeing red!
A place near me does them for £20 a wheel and the finish is incredible.

Even I did a better job in my garage following a guide on here. A company charging for that is ridiculous IMO and I wouldn't be happy either. I'd want a full refund.

M.C..

ClioSport Club Member
Thats really bad I would be asking for at least partial refund as you have gave them two attempts to put it right.
You could have rattle canned them and got better results.

Track 172 Cup
Thats really bad I would be asking for at least partial refund as you have gave them two attempts to put it right.
You could have rattle canned them and got better results.

Asked the guy and the answer he gave me was "I'll have to ask my missus because she deals with them money side of things" I did say in paid him not his missus, utter amazed at how he is still in business. Now he has turned his phone off since I tried ringing this morning and afternoon after he told me he would ring me back Friday evening.

RB Clio 182
I would deffo go finger his ass for this s**t.

Would you pay for a new set of windows with cracked glass?

Would you pay for a set of new tyres with nails in them?

Would you pay for a new bath that is cracked?

Would you pay for a new dildo that is black?

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
I would deffo go finger his ass for this s**t.

Would you pay for a new set of windows with cracked glass?

Would you pay for a set of new tyres with nails in them?

Would you pay for a new bath that is cracked?

Would you pay for a new dildo that is black?

You made my day, im in stitches.