ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Refurb wheels, paint or powder coat?

K20 EG Hatch
I am going to get my wheels refurbed by a friend of a friend. He can paint them or powder coat them (£30 a wheel to me). He says powder coating looks better but if they chip they look alot worse than if they were just painted.

So should i get them powder coated or just painted?

Lionel Richie
powdercoat is much tougher than paint, but it will still chip

paint can't handle the heat as well as powdercoat IMO

Lionel Richie
thats the beauty with powdercoat and the laquer used, you don't need to use anything more than soapy water to clean them

Broken Diesel Megane :(
i was looking to get my wheels refurbed too so would be interesting to see how it turns out. anyone know roughly how much it should cost? bout £50 a wheel? cheers

DC5
FredYozzasport said:
thats the beauty with powdercoat and the laquer used, you don't need to use anything more than soapy water to clean them
I take it it is not that simple if you have got the lovely performance friction pads on, with the brake dust from hell?

Golf R/Leon FR
DiBraggio said:
i was looking to get my wheels refurbed too so would be interesting to see how it turns out. anyone know roughly how much it should cost? bout £50 a wheel? cheers

cliovicky's brother does wheel refurbs, at £120 for 4 check her post about her new colour wheels, very good and cheap price imo