ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Reg plates ???

BG RS182 1/2 fat :)
Hi all,
Seen quite a few people on here with the shortened front reg plates or 3/4 plates as i think there known??
Im just wondering if these are UK road legal & where i can get one please?
Also is it possible to get them as a pressed plate?

Cheers,
Mike :)

MK3 GTI golf 16v
there not legal but youll get away with it. basically anywhere that makes plates will do them

as for pressed plates, theres a good site people recommend. cant remember it but someone will inform you shortly

Thanks for the reply mate.
Cant be bothered getting stopped all the time by the Police!lol.
Was gunna get some UK font pressed plates but fancey a 3/4 on the front now.... hope i can get a pressed one :)

MK3 GTI golf 16v
normal size on the rear, 3/4 on the front and youll be fine. you wouldnt notice a small plate on the front coming the other way.

unless there having a real slow day i doubt youd get pulled. likely to be something thrown on top of other charges if you were being prosecuted

182 Turbo Project
I have been running 3/4 plates for about 18 months now without ever having any trouble. Even when pulled over by the Police, they haven't said anything.

That doesn't mean it won't or can't happen, so I've decided to put my standard plates back on. Even though it does look good, I'm not too sure it's worth the £60 fine I think it is for the privilege!

I have been running 3/4 plates for about 18 months now without ever having any trouble. Even when pulled over by the Police, they haven't said anything.

That doesn't mean it won't or can't happen, so I've decided to put my standard plates back on. Even though it does look good, I'm not too sure it's worth the £60 fine I think it is for the privilege!

You got a pic of your car with them on mate? Not seen a 3/4 rear before.
Did you have them on for MOT?
I used to have German plates on my Bora & i never got stopped for them.
:)

182 Turbo Project
No, sorry mate I haven't. If you do a search I am sure you will find one though.

I did have them on for the MOT, but the garage I went to wasn't really a top notch establishment. Need I say more?

;)

Anyone know if its possible to get Pressed 3/4 plates?
If so, any suggestions on where from?
Cheers,

ClioSport 172 (2003)
Hi mate, i have one on myne and it sets the front of the car off so well, fits nicely in the groove with no over hang. Have had myne on two months now and ive never been stopped for it, i was pulled over randomly last week but the copper didnt say nothing. They are illegal however as the police cameras dont pick them up. Im personally happy to take the risk, will probably be once bitten twice shy if i do ever get fined for it.

Not sure what you mean by pressed plates?

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Hi mate, i have one on myne and it sets the front of the car off so well, fits nicely in the groove with no over hang. Have had myne on two months now and ive never been stopped for it, i was pulled over randomly last week but the copper didnt say nothing. They are illegal however as the police cameras dont pick them up. Im personally happy to take the risk, will probably be once bitten twice shy if i do ever get fined for it.

Not sure what you mean by pressed plates?

Think he means the effect where the letters are embossed

Anybody know where to get the 3/4 plates please??
Or anybody know what size they are please?
Cheers,

Seat Ibiza
I'm sure fancy plates do the pressed ones don't they?
If not look on ebay, there is always people doing it on there.

Anybody know where to get the 3/4 plates please??
Or anybody know what size they are please?
Cheers,

No it wouldnt of. That link doesnt mention pressed 3/4 plates which is what i was looking for & that is longer than the ones i was looking for!! Im well aware of how to use the search & do so regularly.

Thanks anyway for the link tho.

That link is a guide to 3/4 plates.

But anyway, you've got them now. Lets hope you avoid the PoPo.

Last edited: