ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Registration question

Fishfire

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Just an 'out of curiosity' question but, my car was registered in May 2003 but is an 02 plate.....why would it not be an 03 plate?

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
Just an 'out of curiosity' question but, my car was registered in May 2003 but is an 02 plate.....why would it not be an 03 plate?

I’d say either someone has put an older plate on it or it’s a 2002 car which was imported and allocated an age appropriate plate when brought into the UK and registered here.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I reckon it's an import, they usually say something like declared new at first registration but I bet this one doesn't. I have had imports but can't remember what the V5 says now.

Fishfire

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I reckon it's an import, they usually say something like declared new at first registration but I bet this one doesn't. I have had imports but can't remember what the V5 says now.

IMG-20221217-WA0005~2.jpeg

I recon those two dates would be different if it was an import 🤔

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
does it have an alarm? (sensors on the pillars and red LED on the gearstick surround), Locking wheel nuts and window etching? If not its probably an import, loads of them were

Fishfire

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
does it have an alarm? (sensors on the pillars and red LED on the gearstick surround), Locking wheel nuts and window etching? If not its probably an import, loads of them were
It doesn't have any of those except the etched windows.

But, doing a check on the car, it doesn't show as being an import 🤷

2014 Clio 200t edc

I always thought that 172’s without the alarm sensors and led were imports. I had one that didn’t have them and that wasn’t listed as an import but was definately one. If I remember correctly there were a lot of 172’s that were imports due to car supermarkets buying them cheap and selling them on.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member

yeah they never do show as an import for some reason, i dont know the ins and outs. But the alarms were fitted at the UK import centre when renault brought them into the country so ones without are always imported by the car supermarket (unless its been removed of course)

Fishfire

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
yeah they never do show as an import for some reason, i dont know the ins and outs. But the alarms were fitted at the UK import centre when renault brought them into the country so ones without are always imported by the car supermarket (unless its been removed of course)
That's interesting and would explain the registration oddity!