ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Regret Getting Carbon Fibre Bonnet

renault clio
I have a 182 in racing blue with trophy wheels and a few mods. I have recently fitted a carbon fibre bonnet and am not convinced I like it!!

I changed because I had some damage to my original bonnet and thought rather than repair that I would upgrade to Carbon Fibre.

Part of me just think it's looks too tacky but alot of my mate love it. I think the reason that I do not like it is because it's a different colour pannel.

Im in two minds!!! What are people views. I might have to sell it cheap and repair and fit my original bonnet.

People opinions would be helpfull.

Cheers

Lionel Richie
depends on the quality though graham, if its as s**t as some of them i've seen then it'll look like cellulite when painted

ripply gelcoal

RB 200 Cup!
lets see some pics - sure it doesnt look too bad.

if wanna sell on the cheap id be interested

80MPG BEEZA
if its one without a vent mate i'll buy it off you at a reasonable price i have cash waiting

Mk4 .:R32
Whack up some pics! I need a new bonnet, but I reckon Renault will rape me for about £500 if I want a brand new one

182 inside
your right fred. the carbon bonnet could look crap if painted. best sell it and repair your bonnet with the cash.

fao fred - clear your pm box

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
Might I suggest having the side of the bonnet painted to match the car and leave the centre carbon fibre. We did this on our little 1.2 16v demo car a couple of years ago and it did look very good and helped the bonnet blend in with the rest of the car.

Send me an e-mail to info@k-tecracing.com and I will send you a couple of pictures.

David.

Clio 182, 911, Exige
Go back to the original bonnet. There's a reason that Renault didn't make them with a CF bonnet, because it looks like sh*t!

Lionel Richie
the only carbon bonnet that i would class as good quality are the ones made years ago by procomp for k-tec (procomp went bust years ago)

there's not many in existance, i have one of them!

(they were £650 though, but you get what you pay for!)

graham, e-mail only mate, i hate pm's

"Navy" N17 TWO
the only carbon bonnet that i would class as good quality are the ones made years ago by procomp for k-tec (procomp went bust years ago)

there's not many in existance, i have one of them!

(they were £650 though, but you get what you pay for!)

graham, e-mail only mate, i hate pm's

what's the difference in those and the current ones?

172cup
not sure. bought it off a fella on here. Think he got it off ebay. V Good quality though. I drive at 3figures most of the time, and still no chips or anything :)

£250 & fits like a dream

Monaro VXR/Cupra TDi
Get it sprayed or fix the existing one if you still have it.

I've never liked carbon fibre panels, unless the whole body is made from them. It looks odd having one panel in a different colour as opposed to the rest of the car.

Also it's something the Max Power/Fast Car idiots subscribe to. Neither of that lot have any taste when styling is concerned.:dapprove:

Lastly it's a trend, a fashion. It'll date quickly. Not good.

"Navy" N17 TWO
All down to personal choice I guess

Get it sprayed or fix the existing one if you still have it.

I've never liked carbon fibre panels, unless the whole body is made from them. It looks odd having one panel in a different colour as opposed to the rest of the car.

Also it's something the Max Power/Fast Car idiots subscribe to. Neither of that lot have any taste when styling is concerned.:dapprove:

Lastly it's a trend, a fashion. It'll date quickly. Not good.

I'd half-agree there, some of the "decent" cars appear on them and stand out amongst the chavtastic stuff :)

80MPG BEEZA
this guiy sold me the bonnet ages ago ive had it on my car for yonks with aerocatch pins in it :)

Da

Less
not sure. bought it off a fella on here. Think he got it off ebay. V Good quality though. I drive at 3figures most of the time, and still no chips or anything :)

£250 & fits like a dream

Glad you're still please with it mate! :approve:

Clio's
Go back to the original bonnet. There's a reason that Renault didn't make them with a CF bonnet, because it looks like sh*t!

probably more to do with the price it would cost them. and even if they did do it in CF it would have been sprayed like most companies that make their cars out of CF still have them painted!

E46 M3, x2 GTT, RS250
depends on the quality though graham, if its as s**t as some of them i've seen then it'll look like cellulite when painted

ripply gelcoal

Block the bonnet out and epoxy prime it and it would be as straight as you like.