ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Regular West Midlands Meet - See Calendar

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member
​As has been said above thanks all for coming. Impressive turnout and goes to show as Chris said don't be out off thinking it's not worth it as only 3/4 are going.

I nearly died on motorway coming back, some noob pulled out on me when it wasn't clear.
Lucky escape there......

That is literally the understatement of 2013, we were so close to death. Bloke pulled out in to the fast lane when we were about 3 car lengths away.
Not just luck though, some impressive evasive manoeuvring too mate :)

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
That's one really good thing about 1*2s, bloody good brakes and steering.

Some of the sh*t i've had to avoid over the years,
i'd be dead if wasn't for having a fast car that handles well.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
I nearly died on motorway coming back, some noob pulled out on me when it wasn't clear. Lucky escape there...... Good turnout tonight, couldn't speak to everyone :(

That was f**king scary, thought you were going to have a nasty crash.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Yeah, I saw what was happening, I think from where I was you could see what was going to happen more clearly but I was heavily on the brakes.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
What a tool that bloke was,

I'm still here anyway :) and Matt too

Swift Sport
Sorry to those I didn't speak to, and the fact I didn't say I was going... Well, I didn't know I was going until Dave text me 45mins before I turned up...

BG182ff,explod Focus
I win, I got home first! :approve:

I think I probably got home last.
Decided to go for a bit of a drive and headed towards Burton then Derby took a left up to Ashbourne down to Leek and finally headed off back home.
Was getting on for 1 in the morning by the time I landed.
Had a rap compilation playing and kept crapping myself when I was "making rapid progress" and suddenly SIRENS!!!!!! :eek:

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Ahh hold on, just realised you didn't get pulled by the old bill,
but shat yourself at the sirens on you G-Rap, NWA & Cypress Hill get me every time as well. lol

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member
Next monthly next week guys, I've forgotten to ask anyone to put their suggestion forwards.

How about Bridgnorth?
Anyone know a half decent pub round there? Preferably with a decent size garden if weather is nice.

Any alternative locations?

This is for the 10th June

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member
If we go too far North we're in the north west territory.
​Obviously you're welcome to come to out meets :) but aren't the North West meets closer to Warrington?

Also, went to Bridgnorth at the weekend. Lovely place. I went to a pub in low town with an excellent garden that's two minutes from a massive car park (£1.50 for four hours).

The drive there was awesome too. If you do go to bridgnorth, I may miss out on pub night to come along.

BG182ff,explod Focus
Hey Tom Tom, what happened to the Audi?
Did the big boys in the VAG forum pick on you?
Just give us the word and me and Don and Matt will go and do them in for you.
Well.....maybe not Matt, its a job for men after all.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed

Hahaha nice one Mike.

Is that what they call you lol. Please explain;)
I chose Habitual because it describes me and because I wanted a username I could use on all the forums I'm on, so people would recognise me. As for work, well, people may have been snooping or keeping a close eye on forum activity during work hours. I also think someone may have known my password!! So I had a bit of a change-around. :)

Lol I sold the Audi for £500 more than I paid for it and got a reasonably new 200 cup!

I missed the car and I missed properly being a part of the fold. The Audi community was great but so big! It's nowhere near as warm and welcoming as the local Clio community. Because it's so big, it's widely spread across several forums and it doesn't have the same feel. I still post on the VAG forums and I'll still go to shows, but not many because the VAG boys have a meet or a show almost every ruddy week!!!!

They didn't pick on me. Only you guys pick on me. :p

Sorted, the car park isn't too hard to find. It's basically next to the boatyard with a 2 minute walk down the side of the River Severn.

If the weather isn't good, I don't know how big the inside is! >.<

The car park is right next to the Bandon Arms. I didn't go in the Bandom Arms, so you could go there for an easier meet point as The boatyard isn't on the road. The Boatyard is next to the river, which is nice.

To get to the car park, you want the Rugby Field and Bandon Arms on your right. It's just before the Bandon Arms. :) Alternative, the Bandon Arms does look like it already has parking... A viable option for poor weather, although I don't know if they sell food.

Same for the boatyard really - not sure if they do food, although I'm sure someone could call. (at work. :p )

http://www.bandonarmspub.co.uk/

megane 285 sport
theres a large carpark up top town and a large field type carpark next to the rugby club just outside the lower town, whats the time and date of this?