ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Reintro time - no longer RX project

Hello again everyone, it's been a while.
I introduced myself on here a couple of years ago with the plan to race rallycross with a mate from work - what a joke that turned out to be!
He pulled out of the project almost immediately after we took the interior to the tip.
Long story short, I'm now very slowly building a trackday car on my own.

More importantly, I've recently moved to Newport, Shropshire and I know no one in the area so I'm keen to meet some local, like minded people.
Will post some build pictures sooner or later.

Looking forward to being part of the community again, made myself a full member this time.

A handful of photos for the time being.
1) It's been so long since I drove the car that a mouse or something had made it's home in my airbox.
2) How the engine bay looked when I moved house 2 months ago
3) How it looks now (two weeks ago)
4) Interior
5) Interior
Moving in the right direction now, lots more goodies in the post now as well.
20211112_130537.jpg
20211112_143740.jpg
20211123_131251.jpg
20210926_123129.jpg
20210926_123107.jpg

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
I used to live very local to Newport, toward Chetwynd Aston. I'm in Lincolnshire at the moment but looking to move back Shropshire way in the next couple of years. Good to see there's at least a Clio over that way.

It's a small world indeed. We're loving it up here vs down in Hertfordshire. Everyone is super friendly and welcoming, plus there is actual countryside. Would be good to meet some like minded people around here

Thanks very much guys. No racing as such, probably going to keep it for weekends, track days, maybe the odd hillclimb. After all this time and effort I'm not sure I could take it to rallycross and have some spud tear the front end off on lap one.

Whereabouts are you in Newport mate? My mother in law lives there so I know the area quite well. Lol

Small world round here it seems. We're on the East side of town, right by the A41, about 200m from the Staffs border. Haven't done a lot of exploring yet due to various injuries and illnesses, but looking forward to seeing more in the new year. Would be good to find some like minded folk in the area too.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Thanks very much guys. No racing as such, probably going to keep it for weekends, track days, maybe the odd hillclimb. After all this time and effort I'm not sure I could take it to rallycross and have some spud tear the front end off on lap one.

Small world round here it seems. We're on the East side of town, right by the A41, about 200m from the Staffs border. Haven't done a lot of exploring yet due to various injuries and illnesses, but looking forward to seeing more in the new year. Would be good to find some like minded folk in the area too.
Is that by Mere garden centre? If so, you’re not far away from the mother in law. She’s by the sheep roundabout