ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

REIS Insurance (incl trackdays)

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Anyone insured with these guys?

Seems quite good, albeit £100 more on my renewal but includes 6 track days (and limited miles incl track miles).

£70 'new setup' fee seems a bit harsh tho!

Twingo 1??

ClioSport Club Member
  Twingo 133 Cup,
I have used them for my rally cars and they have a very good name within the rallying world. Most of the people that work there are involved in motorsport in one way or another.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Anyone insured with these guys?

Seems quite good, albeit £100 more on my renewal but includes 6 track days (and limited miles incl track miles).

£70 'new setup' fee seems a bit harsh tho!

ive used them on my last 4 cars, everyone I’ve spoken to have been great, not huge amounts of staff so usually it’s the same person each time you need to speak to them. Had the same policy on the 63, 55 and 200 as the one you’re looking at. Different policy for the Range Rover now and it can’t beaten for price and hassle free way they deal with things

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Think I'll go with them this year then. 6 track days Inc and they'd be 100 quid each I guess, if I ever used insurance on a td

Well worth it that. Mine is £300 on the MR2 and an extra few hundred quid for 6 track days is a bargain. Its £60-70 for one days track insurance normally.

Do they cover mods like for like though?

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Well worth it that. Mine is £300 on the MR2 and an extra few hundred quid for 6 track days is a bargain. Its £60-70 for one days track insurance normally.

Do they cover mods like for like though?

Good question will ask, however flux said that last time and when I got paid out I got a fraction, despite my spreadsheets and receipts.

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
I always used them in the past for my sprint cars and obviously cover mods but cant remember if its like for like though.

I can also vouch for REIS, who cover my 172.

Has anybody gone with them for regular cover for their normal dailys? I am also wondering if they have gotten any favourable quotes on "modern classic" type second cars.

I am trying to see if I get a good discount on my SL. Cheers.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
I did ask for a multicar with them yeah, they came out a bit too much though for my VRs.

So just have the civic policy - it's a road car policy, but also allows you on 6 track days, it's not track only ins. Limited mileage policy however.

cliocollins

ClioSport Club Member
  ITB's RB & F56 jCW
I've been with them nearly 5 years now. All mods declared but they don't touch fairly normal cars. As long as you have some form of Fast Road or Track preparation they'll insure you.

Mines just over £400 a year currently with 3 drivers on the policy.

Can't fault them, always good service.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

JimF

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Coming up to my 3rd year with Reis insuring my lightly modified Lexus GS430 daily. Great company to deal with and considering speaking to them when the Clio renewal comes round.

Clio 172
I have had all my competition cars insured with REIS for years. Also just insured my bog standard Mercedes C Class with them, way cheaper for the same cover than anyone else.

Kev@KAM

ClioSport Trader
  Badass Toyota
I've been with them nearly 5 years now. All mods declared but they don't touch fairly normal cars. As long as you have some form of Fast Road or Track preparation they'll insure you.

Mines just over £400 a year currently with 3 drivers on the policy.

Can't fault them, always good service.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

This... my car was borderline as to whether they would accept it due to not being modified enough as I had not replaced the seats from original or put a rollcage in.
That is despite running full race suspension.

Clio 172
Well I have a multi-car policy with REIS to include my 205 GTi historic rally car, Micra stage car, 1969 Mini Cooper S rally car AND my completely standard Mercedes C Class estate. My Partner has just independently insured her completely standard MINI Countryman with REIS. Clearly REIS DO insure standard cars.

Kev@KAM

ClioSport Trader
  Badass Toyota
I was insuring mine on a trackday policy rather than everyday usage so that will make a big difference to what is accepted. I've a limited mileage just to get to and from events.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Yeah that's what I've had to do. Limited to 4k a year, it's cost me more than it did for my SDP&Commuting on the Vrs! but good to have the track day cover and cover all mods.

Admiral would've done me such a good price for both cars, but as my ep3 has a roll cage they wouldn't insure it - gutted.

JimF

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Just an update for Reis - I looked at getting a multicar policy for the Clio and my Lexus, and they said if there was any evidence I'd been to the Ring in either car they'd cancel both policies. And they regularly look at ring pictures apparently. Not sure how feasible that would be. Perhaps they just check the policyholder's Facebook etc.
Worth mentioning.

When I spoke to them last year they wouldn't cover track days in fully prepped cars, the track day insurance was mainly aimed at fast road cars who went on track occasionally (911/M3 etc), I'm still insured with them however as I didn't need actual track day cover and they were very competitive price wise.

Racky

ClioSport Club Member
  Minion Yellow
Just an update for Reis - I looked at getting a multicar policy for the Clio and my Lexus, and they said if there was any evidence I'd been to the Ring in either car they'd cancel both policies. And they regularly look at ring pictures apparently. Not sure how feasible that would be. Perhaps they just check the policyholder's Facebook etc.
Worth mentioning.
Why ?Just why ?

If they say they don't cover the ring blah blah, and you go there, and crash it, they are not going to cover, and that should be the end of it.

Why cancel my policy if you've been to the ring ?

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Should just ban all policies for those with 'BTG' number plates, tbh

Simon1975

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 Cup/Meg R26
I'm with Keith Micheals they were cheaper and works out extra £30 per track day. Easy to deal with

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Why ?Just why ?

If they say they don't cover the ring blah blah, and you go there, and crash it, they are not going to cover, and that should be the end of it.

Why cancel my policy if you've been to the ring ?
I’d imagine you can thank the helmets that stuff it on the ring and then pretend they did it on the road.