ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rejecting a new car

Silver 182 F/F

:mad:Does anyone know the laws about rejecting a new car.Picked my 182 up two weeks ago which had a slight dent in the rear wheel arch and also the bumper did not fit wheel arch correctly.I got told that they would sort the problem out,but two weeks later they still havent done a thing about it,even after many phone calls.Ive now discovered on the same side the door is mis alligned ie its flush at the top but sticks out 3-4mm at the bottom,so it look like some major works needs doing on.Does this give me the rights to reject the car or are they allowed to put things right. I just dont like they idea of allready having panels etc. removed straight away.

P.S the side that has the problems also seems to stand a inch higher:mad:

tiTTy & SV650

I dunno where you stand, maybe contact Renault Customer Services directly, I wouldnt have taken the car myself in that situation Id have walked away and demanded another car asafp or money back and a repair for inconvenience

Mercedes SLK350

I think you may have to allow the dealer to put things right, you may have to give them more than one chance also.

Give them the chance to do so. If it is not perfect, then I would have thought you would have grounds to reject. You need to be very critical.

It could be a long drawn out situation, you need to stand firm.

Something a salesman told me was, if you are to reject a car, make sure you do it within the first 3000 miles. Thereafter I think you will get some sort of compensation, but not a new car.

Silver 182 F/F

I would love to have not taken it away.But it was a replacement for my 1st 182 which was stolen,the insurance company ordered me it direct.And i havent had a car for 11 weeks so really needed the motor,plus they told me the job was a little joB which should have been straight forward.

But what they tried to do was pass the problem on to my local dealer (CLAIMING IT WAS WARRANTY WORK),who wouldnt touch it,they claimed it was transport damage so not Renos fault but the suppling dealer.

sounds like you insurance company found the cheapest car they could to replace your old one maybe damaged in transit! take phone renault cs and let them know you want to reject the veichle they will phone the dealer in advance!

Silver 182 F/F

The insurance company where Direct Line,who used Dixons to source my car who both are owned by Royal Bank Of Scotland.Keep it in the family or what.

Quote: Originally posted by big lee on 17 July 2005

I think you may have to allow the dealer to put things right, you may have to give them more than one chance also.

Give them the chance to do so. If it is not perfect, then I would have thought you would have grounds to reject. You need to be very critical.

It could be a long drawn out situation, you need to stand firm.

Something a salesman told me was, if you are to reject a car, make sure you do it within the first 3000 miles. Thereafter I think you will get some sort of compensation, but not a new car.
have been here before!

If you allow the dealer to have a go then in legal terms you are in effect accepting the cars condition.

If you would like them to fix it the you must draw up a disclaimer to state that if not completely satisfied then they will replace it- not much chance of them agreeing to that tbh

Tell renault that you will bring your case to tthe RMIF (retail motor industry federation)

It wont be easy but a new car should be spot on and this should have been picked up by themselves when they do thier PDI

Stick to your guns

Matt

On all Clios, the near side door is misaligned at tne bottom. Its just how they are jigged in the factory. Sad but true - Ive yet to see a current phase Clio that didnt have a protruding bottom half of its near side door.

In fact, 182Blue had his fixed ages ago with a lump of timber IIRC :D At that time, I hadnt noticed mine is the same...but they all are.

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50

Ive also tried to reject my car... The http://www.leemather.plus.com/images/182&Trophy/Trophy&182_16.htmlpaintwork is patchy on the drivers side.. (look near the door handle)

Its booked in for a week to have the drivers side reprayed (loose it for a week tomorrow) But they wouldnt let me reject it as its "fixable"..

Renault UK could do nothing.. they advised the rejection stuff lyes with the individual dealer?

Silver 182 F/F

Makes me feel a bit better knowing about the door,didnt notice it on my first 182 but ive been looking more carfully at this one due to the problem with the bumper.

When you say they all have the mis-aligned door we are both talking about the same thing arent we i.e if you look from the back of the car down the side of it below the side strips it starts to come away 3- 4mm.So if you where to run your finger along it it wouldnt be flush.

Silver 182 F/F

Your right Roy,just been down to local dealers and had a look at some of there Clios looked at about 10 of various models and there was only 1 that was spot on and that was a black 182,seems to be though that the gap can vary from 1-2mm upto 5-6mm and on darker coloured car it doesnt stand out that much.I think mine is one of the bigger gap type and with it been titanium stands out a bit more.So will mention it to dealer when i complain and see if they can get any minor adjustment done,its worth a try.cheers

my 182s door was misaligned, renault would not pay, i had to take it myself and pay, cost £60, and do you know how they fixed it ??, well 2 big blokes basically bend your door till it sits flush !!!!!, i watched them, fecking scared me to death

Scenic mk1 (F3R)

probly just reno being compleet b******s as they are at some places my local dealer is sh*t

if you want to reject the car do it NOW. do not let them attempt repair.

also get you insurance company involved as they effectively bought the car.

Silver 182 F/F

Tried the insurance company.They said it was nothing to do with them now.My argument with them is they are suppose to get me a suitable replacment which they havent so they have not fulfilled there comitment.