ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Relocating Induction kits

i got a 16v with a K&n57i induction kit and am fed up with the clio overheating and losin power due to sukin up so much hot air, so was wonderin how easy they are to relocate or get better cold air feed, please help in anyway you can,

thanks

megane

ktec do a relocation pipe looks good too

dont no wat the advatages r though

o im presumin your car is a mk2 facelift 1.2 16v

19 16V

Best advice is put the OE box back on.. plus with an IK farting about you cant hear properly what the engine is up too

At Hillpower we are developing a new induction kit which eliminates the hot air problem completely. We have run one on a Williams which shows improvements above our current 16v induction kit. I am looking for a nice tidy 16v to fit the kit to, standard would be preferable but with mild tuning would be ok. If you are interested call me at the workshop (01530 273633) and have a chat I can also e-mail you some pics if you e-mail me through my web site. www.hillpower.co.uk

Quote: Originally posted by Soneji on 19 August 2003

Best advice is put the OE box back on.. plus with an IK farting about you cant hear properly what the engine is up too
Definately the answer in my opinion!

I have the new Hill Power one on my Willy and as Nick said it definately makes a difference, especially in the hot weather. B4 i used to really notice a decrease in performance but now the performance doesnt drop off at all. Definiately worth a look!!!!

Dazz

If you go for the Hill Power kit m8 u will be impressed with the results. The pics he has are with the kit on my car and all i can say is: It works, and works well. Pure and simple no other words for it.

Cheers

Dazz

I will see if i can sort out some pics. But if you email Hill Power via there website Nick will be happy to send you all the pics, details and prices on the kit.

Cheers

Dazz

come on people i need some pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

email them to me please!!!!!! mailto:gcpeters@hotmail.com">gcpeters@hotmail.com!!

or post em up!

The strut brace was made by Ram Air, and yes it works very well. Its alloy and is adjustable so its very very light. Well worth it.

michealelder Strut brace on Dazzs Williams is a Ramair 3 piece alluminium one . We have fitted quite a few strut braces and have found the adjustable type the best as a good solid mount can be made between brace and susspension tops the brace can be adjusted so that the side ways bracing can be made solid. If you do fit a strut brace you will notice the steering to feel tighter and more positive It is also a good idea to fit one if you have modified your suspension. It will help cut down body flex which we have seen manifest its self as rippling of the roof at the rear corners of the sun roof.When fitting a strut brace dont be tempted to use the self tapping body type bolts that some manufacturers send you always nut and bolt them down through the turret tops. The whole idea of the strut brace is to stiffen up the chassis so the suspension works and not the body flexing with the sorts of loadind that goes through these points on the top of the suspension body bolts will become not tight. RETAIL price on the Ramair brace is £100.00 plus vat sport club discount does apply.