ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Remake or Sequel

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
If it was possible to remake or create a sequel to a game of your choice from yesteryear for the next generation consoles, which game would you choose?

I think I'd be tempted to choose Sensible World of Soccer. I'd probably hate it now, but if there's a chance I'd get even half the enjoyment I got from it back in the Amiga days, I'd be all for it.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Sensible soccer, the SNES version. Had the option of an easier dribbling system, had some epic games on that with my brother. Scoring from the half-way line (Beckham position) was do-able. Never played a game where you could acheive so much curl.

As a close second, shadowrun, SNES again. Blade-runner stylee.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Loved Shadowrun. I had to use Action Replay codes to complete the f*cker, though.

It got very difficult near the end.

I remember the start, go into the alley, pick up the collar the dog drops. LOL. Awesome game.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
this:

APB%20atari.jpg

apb.jpg

Although they are making a remake at the moment... I doubt it will be any good...

[YOUTUBE]it_O7JSsIEM[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Ah I thought it was a re-make modernise but still the arcade gameplay.

What's that video seb? Looks really good gta style.

S3, Polo
Years ago, I really enjoyed 'Syphon Filter' on the PS1.

Maybe rose-tinted specs?

EDIT: Ooooh, just cracked 1,000 posts! :)

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
Ah I thought it was a re-make modernise but still the arcade gameplay.

What's that video seb? Looks really good gta style.

the remake of APB... I used ot play it on the commodore. was awesome.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
[youtube]lVWkpYAn0kw&feature=response_watch[/youtube]

I used to have road rash jailbreak on the playstation at university. was awesome LOL

[YOUTUBE]5hY95idee9Q[/YOUTUBE]

A mate had road rash on the 3DO. When I was young i was totally blown away by it.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
nah 360/ps3/pc iirc.

i haven't yet watched that video i posted... I have read about in magazines though.

I jsut fear it will suck balls.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Shenmue 3 is nothing but a dream of mine, one which will never be played out. :(

That game has me excited Seb!

57 Clio Campus Sport
Destruction Derby was awesome! HD version of that aswell. TBH both road rash and destruction derby could be XBLA games like they did with teenage mutant ninja turtles from mega drive. If they made brand new versions they would just mess then up with all added features.

More poke than viagr
Im probably alot younger than most of you so dont know any of the above games lol! Had a destruction derby game on PS1 though iirc....

Id choose sniper elite off the PS2, was such a good game!! Me and my mate must have spent so many hours playing that game, we completed it about 4-5 times over the years lol...still play it now occasionally actually :approve:

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Cannon Fodder
Destruction Derby
Police Quest :D
Road Rash is a good shout too tbh

Goldeneye with current gen graphics would make me spaff my pants

182FF with cup packs
Elite.

None of that "Elite 2: Frontier" buggy crap.

Remake Elite, possibly even as a MMO (though Eve Onlilne comes close)

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I'd like to see modern remakes of:
  • Stunt Car Racer
  • Dungeon Master
  • Black Tiger
  • System Shock
...and quite a few others.

Yes, yes, and yes! Not heard of Black Tiger? Was that a console game?

Elite.

None of that "Elite 2: Frontier" buggy crap.

Remake Elite, possibly even as a MMO (though Eve Onlilne comes close)

It would still have to have the opera music in it though. Playing through surround sound as you activate the automated docking sequence into the Lave space station..... ;)

D.

Mito Sportiva 135
Some good choices here!

For me:

General Chaos - old Mega Drive game, in which you have a small squad vs another on a small map, was awesome!

Syndicate - apparently a new one is on the way too! :D

Micro Machines - a high res old 2d version, preferably the "millitary" iteration