ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

REMAP bENEFITS

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
Hi want to remap my 172 cup will it improve low end or revving etc thanks all

Unless you've modified it a lot, just get the RSTuner (have a search on here, covered more times than you can count) map, will cost you much less than a live map.

It will improve low end, slightly raise the rev limit, improve idle at first start and other things. :].

100% the best mod you can do for the cost (around £50-£100 depending how you do it).

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
just want better idling from cold and wondered if it would benefit the car i know it wont give more power

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
just want better idling from cold and wondered if it would benefit the car i know it wont give more power

It will ! best mod you can do on a 1*2 imo drives so much nicer also has daignotic facilites too look on here in for sales they come up for about 110-150 but sell REAL fast !

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
The standard map from renault is atrocious upto 5K rpm, so there are genuine gains to be had by correcting the fuelling upto that point.

It also tidies up the idle, and increases the rev limiter slightly.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Unless you've modified it a lot, just get the RSTuner (have a search on here, covered more times than you can count) map, will cost you much less than a live map.

It will improve low end, slightly raise the rev limit, improve idle at first start and other things. :].

100% the best mod you can do for the cost (around £50-£100 depending how you do it).

^^^This. Pound for pound the best mod you can do to a 1*2 IMO.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
The standard map from renault is atrocious upto 5K rpm, so there are genuine gains to be had by correcting the fuelling upto that point.

It also tidies up the idle, and increases the rev limiter slightly.

apparently enables VVT from cold too im sure rather than the standard map where its only activated over a certain coolant temp. which is what makes it smooth to drive from cold.

im sure I remember henk saying that on here a while back

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Runs a bit smoother, I'd use an RS tuner as it's cheap and there's no benefit to an expensive map (imo). But pound for pound the best mod? No chance.

Whiteline.

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
Knuckles, I've got a couple of ice packs if you need them for your burn!

On topic: As agreed, RSTuner all the way.