ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Remap Problems

RS 172 cup
Hi,

Had a remap end of last year from JMS Tuning, all was well (increased rev limiter to 7800rpm etc) for some reason recently its started to max out at the standard 7200rpm, any ideas???

Thanks

RS 172 cup
Yes mate, i never thrash it on a cold engine, not sure what the problem is!!, any suggestions matey?

I'd guess it was temperature related. Your thermostat is probably staying open too long and causing over cooling. You will hit the rev limiter earlier if your coolant temp is less than 75c. Mine was doing this even after driving for over an hour so I changed the stat and now it's fine. They're only a tenner.

monaco 172
ill have a go at fitting a new stat, wheres the stat located and is it a simple job to refit????

C the pipe coming off the top of the rad? Follow that and it goes to the stat housing. Youl see 3 10mm bolts holding the stat housing to the engine.