ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

remap problems

182 Cup
hi,
so had a problem with the way my 182 for the past week and have just been told that the running issues could be down to a remap a previous owner did on the car. Personally i have never heard of a remap being done specifically for this outcome. What happens is the car runs at hardly any power then will shoot forward and once the exhaust has popped and i've given the car a blast the car runs perfectly again- just wanted to know if anyone has heard of this before?

Thanks

Hattie

182 Cup
thought it could have been a sensor but nothing showing and have been told that the previous owner made the car run like this on purpose which i dont understand at all :/

E46 320CD
Sounds like a possible problem with the exhaust system, any rattles from the exhaust? Could be the cat collapsed etc.

182 Cup
Sounds like a possible problem with the exhaust system, any rattles from the exhaust? Could be the cat collapsed etc.

the exhaust is currently de-cat straight through bought like this have a cat waiting to go back on, could that be causing the problems?