ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

remap, worth it or not?

NEED V6!
hi i have a pipercross induction kit and scorpion exhaust,

so my question is, is it worth getting it remapped and where is the best place

how much would i be looking to spend

thankyou

Writen off dci 100
i paid 147 but i depends on the exchange rate

its easy to fit (you need a lap top)

just download the software (program)

plug in the cable under your ash tray

the you need to download the correct ecu program and/or calibration

copy both your ecu program and calibration from your ecu

and copy your downloaded programs onto your ecu

it takes about an hour to copy the program to your ecu and 15 mins to copy the calibration to your ecu

the software is so easy to use

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
i paid 147 but i depends on the exchange rate

its easy to fit (you need a lap top)

just download the software (program)

plug in the cable under your ash tray

the you need to download the correct ecu program and/or calibration

copy both your ecu program and calibration from your ecu

and copy your downloaded programs onto your ecu

it takes about an hour to copy the program to your ecu and 15 mins to copy the calibration to your ecu

the software is so easy to use

That about sums it up, Although it only took about 30 - 40min to do mine. IMO The Fastchip map is probably the cheapest and best mod for a Clio Sport, You will notice pretty much instantly a more "Driveable" car.

Also with the Fastchip set up it gives you the ablility to read and clear any fault codes stored in the cars memory which is Pretty useful.

Writen off dci 100
just put it this way its worth every penny

i really noticed it more higher in the rev range

where abouts are you

Writen off dci 100
im not sure m8 if you want to drive to durham il do it for you

alternitavely you could just lend one off someone for half a day

Monaco RS Clio 172
lol extension lead and your computer out the front for an hour FTW! (with no laptop)

I am defo ordering this :) sounds pretty good.

fil_b

ClioSport Club Member
  172 FF and Fabia VRS
i agree

totally worth it

now i sorted mine out defo recommend the RSTuner - after support is well good

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
noticable straight away , but got better with more miles, at first the power seemed quite smooth almost like the 5k kick wasnt there as it pulled lower down, now the car has bags of grunt bottom end and screams once it hits 5k and pulls all the way to 7600rpm, got a ktec airfilter and a powerflow catback also

corsa ecoflex
i got mine done on my ph1 and wow what a bloody difference it makes,will be even sweeter once the decat is on next week....well worth the money,but just make sure your battery is good as mine went flat when installing the remap and had to start all over again

Trophy 182
I have a k tec group n ECU on my trophy.
Im not very technical when it comes to cars but I was just wondering if it would be worth me taking the KTEC ECU out and getting the fast chip, or can you get the fast chip software added to the KTEC ECU.

Go easy on me.

Its just the bloke who had my car just fitted the ecu and didnt have it mapped or anything.

The car is a little lump on idle and as J said the car runs more smoothly, this is what im after.

Writen off dci 100
I have a k tec group n ECU on my trophy.
Im not very technical when it comes to cars but I was just wondering if it would be worth me taking the KTEC ECU out and getting the fast chip, or can you get the fast chip software added to the KTEC ECU.

Go easy on me.

Its just the bloke who had my car just fitted the ecu and didnt have it mapped or anything.

The car is a little lump on idle and as J said the car runs more smoothly, this is what im after.

this will just be the same as the fastchip group n

marc1330

ClioSport Club Member
  Hill lover
Im tempted by one of these but I wonder if the increased RPM will have any effect on life of the engine. Just a thought.

RenaultSport clio 172 CUP
I was told that your best off chipping a low milage car 10-20k rather than one with higher milage and putting that engine under the extra strain when its already completley run in.

Not sure how true this is??

Astra van,Mk1 nova
Im just about to purchase one of these, someone needs to do a detailed step by step picture guide for me :dapprove: im pretty stupid when it comes to computers;)

Renaultsport Clio 197
i loaded a 95RON map from fastchip (RStuner) to my completely standard 197 (had to do it because of the crapy fuel) and it's noticable!
better low down torque and better mpg!
Will be getting a custom map after I get an exhaust and the itg and probably have the rev limit further down the red number 8 :D

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Im just about to purchase one of these, someone needs to do a detailed step by step picture guide for me :dapprove: im pretty stupid when it comes to computers;)

TBH Mate the instruction manual from Fastchip that you download is spot on and very easy to understand, I honestly dont thing you will have any trouble getting it installed!

noticable straight away , but got better with more miles, at first the power seemed quite smooth almost like the 5k kick wasnt there as it pulled lower down, now the car has bags of grunt bottom end and screams once it hits 5k and pulls all the way to 7600rpm, got a ktec airfilter and a powerflow catback also

Whats K Tec filter do you have bud ?

Induction ?

Or a panel ?

Give me a buzz bud, i'll try and help you where i can ;)

As my Fastchip Ecu should be here soon.

Do you have a laptop to upload it ?

clio 03 1.6 16v
hi guys very interesting thread! would this be any good on my 1.6 u think? its alot cheaper than the other tuning boxes ive seen which explains my interest..
worth it for me u think? ive got 73k miles though..