ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Remote access to NAS from iPhone / iPad

Tesla MP3 2021
Does anyone know the best way to go about this. From what I gather it would either be a VPN or SSH to my NAS remotely (outside of home LAN) to then be able to see my files ie music. Then some sort of App to view/play the files.

Cheers

Bus w**ker
Not sure if it's possible in your situation, but Pogoplug Pro will allow all of that and has an iPhone app.

Tesla MP3 2021
In my situation??

Ok cheers, I will have a look at that app.

People are doing this so it must be possible.

Bus w**ker
In my situation??

Ok cheers, I will have a look at that app.

People are doing this so it must be possible.
Your NAS won't be on your home LAN so could be, as far as I'm aware from the brief details, in a business enviroment where security policy could prohibit it. So my suggestion may not be possible in your situation, depending there for on what your situation is.

Polo GTi
If you have a Synology NAS, you can get the SynoDS app from the App Store, its excellent, does everything you want and more

Oh and no VPN here, external IP on Router, forward all traffic from external port to internal LAN Address of NAS, works a treat.

Tesla MP3 2021
Tom - That iStorage, does it stream or is it just FTP to stores the files from my NAS to my iPad.

Tesla MP3 2021
Got this working in the end using an App called Filesconnect. I set it up as an AFP server and it connected to my NAS first time :)

DCi
There most be loads of people who do that and you can just pinch all their music, just need some way to get the ips :D

Tesla MP3 2021
^ you would also need to crack their password for the folders. All mine are secured and require a log in.