ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Remote stalk connectors

Please forgive me for what im planning to do, ill be totaly honnest, i dont have a clio, or any renault car, i have a van im converting into a motorhome, and got a new mp3 player stereo for xmas that ill be fitting, in my van the stereo is very low down, but the new stereo has a single wire input for a remote control (its a panasonic stereo btw)

so i went down the scrapper and found the best looking stalk remote control for a stereo.. turned out to be from a clio :)

i think it was a post 2000 model clio, rounded body, but the actual car i got the stalk from had been fitted with an aftermarket stereo, and to buy the adaptor box i need to make the clios remote work with my panasonic stereo, i need to know the make of stereo fitted origionaly to the car i got the remote from.

The remote wasnt connected in the car i got it from, the aiwa stereo in it couldent take the remote i guess,

I chose that car to get the remote from as it was the only clio which didnt have the remote display, and id noticed the ones with the remote display, the stalk connector plugged into the remote display, and then goes to the head unit via the 4 wire cable with the yella plug, so im thinking that the adaptor would use the yella plug from the remote display to work??

Anyway, i noticed that lagunas also have the same remote, and clios and kangoos etc, i assume they are all the same, except the plug on the end of the lead?

The plug for the remote i got was the same type as fitted to pug 306s, i.e its an iso connector with 2 extra pins, only 6 of them are connected,

i got a plug from another clio, no stereo in it so i couldent get the model number, and that one had a black flat inline connector, about 15 pins, again 6 of them connected.

then today i got a plug from the remote control stalk from a clio with the remote display in it.. this ones a flat one again, 15 pins but is a red connector with location moldings to ensure it plugs in one way round,

So, now i have a remote stalk from a clio.. 2000 on model im certian, and havent got a clue which model stereo i need to say i had to get the correct remote stalk adaptor, theres a choice of 3 adaptors, but without knowing which stereo the plug i should use went into, i cant order it.

ive put the photos of the first 2 plugs i got on my site,
http://www.kampenwagen.co.uk/stereo%20remote.htmhttp://www.kampenwagen.co.uk/stereo%20remote.htm

Can someone tell me which stereo would have had which plug for the remote used?? im thinking the white iso like connector is the one id use, (i have no problems soldering the correct plug onto the cable) but did that plug go into the back of the blaupunkt stereo, or the VDO unit without the remote display?

or another stero renault fitted in the 2000 model year?

one last thing, dont suppose someone can tell me what the bottom button on the remote does? also the thumb wheel? it seems to be about 6 switch contacts inside not a scrolling wheel? whats that do on the origional clio readios?

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

normally the stereo remote converter leads just go from the remote plug to the stereo and bypass the dislay.i dont think you can get the display to work with after market head units.

cheers for that,

now all i need to find is someone with a post 2000 clio, who has the stock stereo still in it, one without the remote display and the remote stalk by the wheel, and ask them to take the stereo out for a second and have a look at the connectors on the rear,

if one of them matches one of the connectors on the pics on http://www.kampenwagen.co.uk/stereo%20remote.htmhttp://www.kampenwagen.co.uk/stereo%20remote.htm

then can they tell me which plug it is (i am expecting it to be the white one)

and then tell me what model stereo is in their car, (all i really need to know is, its a VDO stereo, or its a blaupunkt stereo or what ever, no model numbers or owt else needed, its just to match the connector plug up)

Anyone got a car with the stock stereo, and theyre about to take the stereo out for some reason, any chance of having a quick look for me :)

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

older stereos had a large white or black 8 pin plug.newer stereos had a small yellow or blue plug.the bottem plug on your pictures is the stalk type that plugs into the centre dislay.the other connector is the type that goes straight to the rear of the stereo but this is on older renaults.i think what you need is a converter lead for the latest shape clio>your stereo and the standard loom between the centre display and the stereo(the converter lead plugs onto this display lead)

ahh brilliant,

so i may have got the stalk from a pre 2000 clio then,

the stalk i got had the white 8 pin plug on it, but the car had no stereo, so id imagine it to have been the blaupunkt stereo.. as thats the stereo in my brothers pug 306, that has the same plug for the remote.

Cheers for the help mate :)

Renaultsport Clio 172

I have a 2000 X reg with the standard cd player although it has the remote display. I will be removing it this weekend. Do you still need the plug info?

The wheel navigates the tracks on a cd or the presets on the radio.

The lower button does nothing on the cd but switches the radio between modes. If I remeber right it also advances the disc in the attached cd changer.

i think i can get away by saying the stereo the stalk was paired with was in a pre 2000 clio, with the blaupunkt stereo,

but as i have a selection of plugs for the stalk, having a definate 100% car year and stereo make would be very handy, all the stalks are the same throughout the range, just the plugs on the end, and knowing exactly which stereo which plug fits.

then i want to find a place where i can buy the adapter from over the counter, or at least see in a catalouge the adaptor, the place i had found who refused to help me by looking at the adaptors they stock to see the socket type for the stalk, have a single picture of a sony adaptor for all the adaptors they sell. so i wont be using them.

halfords were useless, only do the sony adaptors, even tho they sell stereos other than sony, they chose to use autoleads who offer a sony adaptor or nowt,

thatll teach me to venture into halfords i guess, half an hour wasted trying to find the bloke who knows how to turn the audio parts ordering computer on (honnest), then i get told i shouldent have bought a non sony stereo :)