ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Remote start from a Clifford Concept 300

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

You still need the keys. Once your in the car you have to turn on the ignition before you can drive.

Also you can only remote start the engine if you lock the car while the engine is running to ensure it is not left in gear. If you go into the car at anytime ther is a chance you could put the car in gear and it will not start from the remote. Safety feature, but at least it stops your motor jerking into something!

Id def recommend getting one though, handy now the winters coming up for demisting the windowws etc, and turns a few confused looking heads if there is people about!

I did not realise that you still needed the key, cheers for that I will leave it for now then as I had a quote for £150, I always thought it meant you could do away with the keys, just realised though I needed the key anyway for the fuel cap!

I hope that someone tells you that the remote start facility invalidates your cat1 status? (along with turbo timers, anti hijack etc)

Tony

I nearly had a Toad Alarm fitted and then I was informed that if I had any extra, I.E the tilt sensor andything like that, then the CAT1 status would be invalidated as Toad have never had the extras approved by Thatcham.

silver valver/hybrid

i had the remote engine start fitted with the clifford concept 300, and i disconnected the batt to fit my amps (with valet mode on as i was instructed to do so) anyway as i disconnected the batt the alarm went off. i reconnected it and tried to start the car, but alas the standard immobiliser had reactivated and as it was bypassed for the engine start my car was unstartable! i had it towed to the alarm place (imperial securities of tipton) and they basically said that i must have done something wrong! after many phonecalls they told me they had reset it and when i asked about what i should do about dissconnecting the batt they said " err dont dissconnect it" after writing to the complaints department (which were absolutly useless by the way) and many more phone calls they eventually fitted an extra switch so i can turn the standard immobiliser on and off. i did ask about stripping the lot out as i was unsatisfied with it but they said it would cost me an extra £150. oh yeah i have been back 9 times with the engine start failing to work and it still dosent work now so i have given up with it. another problem with the alarm is everytime we start the microwave it sets the alarm off! they said there is nothing that can be done about it. i am never going back there again and i dont recommend anyone else go there either.

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

unlucky mate, sounds like you had a bad time with it,

Never had any problems whatsoever with mine as yet! touch wood!!