ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removal/Reinstall of OS on Mac Mini

Dip

04 Clio 16V Dynamique
Evening guys.

I want to wipe my Mac clean (Remove and reinstall OS) as I'm convinced when it was setup I don't think I did it properly last year.

Now I've got my whole iTunes Library consisting of 80GB+ of music, vids, tv programs and more importantly iPhone backups.

iTunes is managing my music for me - So I understand I'll be able to import the library back pretty much straight away right? Either by dragging and dropping or by selecting import using a .txt file?

Any ideas on the iPhone backups/syncing it?

Cheers!

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
As long as you have your iTunes library backup it'll all work smoothly. The iPhone is linked to that iTunes library so by restoring the library you'll restore the phones syncing ability.

Dip

04 Clio 16V Dynamique
iTunes Library is self managed - Folder'ises itself on an external drive

If I hit File>Library>Export Library then once done Import it back in again - This should do the job right?

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Dunno, never tried that option, I guess it does what you want though.

I always just copy it manually.