ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removal the full dash

clio 172
I have had a search for dash removal and can find the top dash removal guide, is there one for the rest of the dash?

Cheers

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Oh you should have said earlier, i just put the bottom half back in this morning, but i can tell you how to do it tho...

clio 172
I'd really appreciate it mate if you could. I understand it may not be a short answer! lol

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
After top dash is removed, to get the rest of the dash free you need to pull alot of stuff..

Disconnect Battery before starting..

1, Remove the steering wheel completely, (pull airbag off then theres a bit torx screw in the middle)
2, Next, remove the indicator stalk + wiper stalk(these will make the job easier)
to remove them you need to use a small torx bit, each side has 2 small screws,
3, Remove each earth points 3( left hand side/centre/top right) this is what the dash rests on.
4, bottom left of the dash remove the flap there's a screw there, also on the right hand side is the same
5, fuse cover next remove that and theres 2/3 more screws,
6, next pull the cup holder out, remove it and disconnect the loom
7, next start removing the top connections out the display/clocks/loom/tweeter etc
8, remove the cd player, and disconnect
9, remove the hazard panel and disconnect
10, remove the top airbag 4 screws + 2 connections
11, Your fan controls might be different to mine but, 2screws holding it in place, and remove the loom connector, + look in the driver footwell and remove the 2 metal cables, these control heat and place of heat to go(windcreen/footwell etc)
12, uner the heater control theres another 2 screws there,
13, open both doors, and pull the rubber seal abit you will see it kind of blocks the dash abit,
14, pop the dash off, (you might need to pull plastic around the gear lever, if so just remove the gear gaitor and pull on the plastic, should release itself from the dash