ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

removing badges,

i havea silver clio with black strips and bumper strips, i want to make the clio badge and also the renault badges black,

how do i take them off?

also how do i paint them, they are crome, do i just sand and primer them?

also do you guys think it would look good?

bradus said:
mmm rather see the strips colour coded looks much neater

me to but have been quoted £500 + vat due to it being a special silver,

so i thought f**k that lol

bradus said:
well worth it though

could i do it myself?
originally wanted to carbon fiber asll the black bits and carbon fibre the bonnet too,
would you suggest i should do that or colour code?

Striped track ****
if you take it to a body shop and get them to mix it up to get the right mix

it will be fine

could be done yourself depends on how handy you are

you would be saving yourself a fourtune

bradus said:
if you take it to a body shop and get them to mix it up to get the right mix

it will be fine

could be done yourself depends on how handy you are

you would be saving yourself a fourtune

how much would i be looking at for paint?

Striped track ****
prop looking around £40-65

paint primer and laquer

might be wrong my just a estimate

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Who quoted you £500 plus vat ? Was it a big body shop ? Take it to a couple of back street bodyshops and get a few quotes , you'll be amazed how much the prices differ .

Imo if they are saying its because its a special silver paint thats why it costs so much they are talking b****cks , thats if its standard factory Renault paint .

Are you doing the whole bumpers or just the insert . If its just the inserts , wing mirrors and side strips i'd do it myself . Get the paint made up at a local motor factors in rattle cans .

Wash the bits down your going to paint with fairy liquid . That'll remove any grease / dirt .

Then rub them down with some 320 grit wet n dry .Wipe down with a damp cloth then dry or use a tack cloth .

Then a couple of coats of plactic primer .

Then rub that down with some 1000 grit wet n dry .Wipe down with a damp cloth and dry or a tack cloth .

Then 3 ,4 , 5 coats of top coat . Depends how thick you put it on . Try not to put too much on at once to avoid any runs . Leave it to dry for a couple of hours .You shouldn't need to rub down the top coat , unless you have any runs .

Then 2 or 3 coats of lacquer . If you put the lacquer on too thin it will come out a slightly matt finish , too thick and it will run and can become slightly cloudy . If you have a shed it would be best , with a heater in ( not your bedroom , lol ) or you'll choke everybody to death in the house and have a fine dusting of paint all over your bedroom .

Leave the lacquer to dry for 48 hours . If the finish isn't perfect you can rub it down slightly with some 2000 grit wet n dry and then polish up with some meguiars scratch X .

N.B. When you rub down , always clean it will a slightly damp cloth or tack cloth to remove any dust then dry off . Also a drop of fairy liquid in the water when you use the wet n dry helps to lubricate it .

MRBILLYUK said:
Who quoted you £500 plus vat ? Was it a big body shop ? Take it to a couple of back street bodyshops and get a few quotes , you'll be amazed how much the prices differ .

Imo if they are saying its because its a special silver paint thats why it costs so much they are talking b****cks , thats if its standard factory Renault paint .

Are you doing the whole bumpers or just the insert . If its just the inserts , wing mirrors and side strips i'd do it myself . Get the paint made up at a local motor factors in rattle cans .

Wash the bits down your going to paint with fairy liquid . That'll remove any grease / dirt .

Then rub them down with some 320 grit wet n dry .Wipe down with a damp cloth then dry or use a tack cloth .

Then a couple of coats of plactic primer .

Then rub that down with some 1000 grit wet n dry .Wipe down with a damp cloth and dry or a tack cloth .

Then 3 ,4 , 5 coats of top coat . Depends how thick you put it on . Try not to put too much on at once to avoid any runs . Leave it to dry for a couple of hours .You shouldn't need to rub down the top coat , unless you have any runs .

Then 2 or 3 coats of lacquer . If you put the lacquer on too thin it will come out a slightly matt finish , too thick and it will run and can become slightly cloudy . If you have a shed it would be best , with a heater in ( not your bedroom , lol ) or you'll choke everybody to death in the house and have a fine dusting of paint all over your bedroom .

Leave the lacquer to dry for 48 hours . If the finish isn't perfect you can rub it down slightly with some 2000 grit wet n dry and then polish up with some meguiars scratch X .

N.B. When you rub down , always clean it will a slightly damp cloth or tack cloth to remove any dust then dry off . Also a drop of fairy liquid in the water when you use the wet n dry helps to lubricate it .

you are the man,

were are you from, you could do it for me if you wanted, for a price of course ;)

if not you havebeen very helpfull,

what sort of shop will make it for me?

172 cup
:p iv just bought paint,prime and lac for just under a £10.. only becuase my m8ts bro works in a paint shop in st helens, oh and the cans are big :D

kanue said:
:p iv just bought paint,prime and lac for just under a £10.. only becuase my m8ts bro works in a paint shop in st helens, oh and the cans are big :D

you want to sort me out fella?

drink in it for you. :rasp:

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
MOFO said:
you are the man,

were are you from, you could do it for me if you wanted, for a price of course ;)

if not you havebeen very helpfull,

what sort of shop will make it for me?

Tbh mate it isn't that hard and won't cost you alot . Give a go , take your time and keep it clean as you go and you'll surprised how good it turns out .

Just check out some local motor factors that mix paint , give them your paint code and off you go .

MRBILLYUK said:
Tbh mate it isn't that hard and won't cost you alot . Give a go , take your time and keep it clean as you go and you'll surprised how good it turns out .

Just check out some local motor factors that mix paint , give them your paint code and off you go .

will do mate, thanks alot.