ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

removing bonnet off a mark 1

mk1 phase 1 clio RL prima
hi, i've just bought a williams bonnet for my mk1 to replace the standard bonnet, the car has obviously had a bump at some point before i bought it and the bonnet is twisted. the williams bonnet still has the hinges on so it will be a straight swap once i get the old hinges off. problem is, i can't work out how to get the pins out of the hinges to take it off. HELP PLEASE ANYONE??? thanks

BMW M5 & E36
They have an E-clip on one side of each hinge. Pop that off with a screwdriver or similar and they should come off.

i got those clips off but they are still not budging. was considering putting a screwdriver against the pin then using a hammer to push it through. thought i better ask if someone knows how to do it first, i've got spare hinges but no spare pins lol

i could if i was just swapping the bonnet over but i need the hinges off because one of them is badly bent, it smashed my headlight when i closed the bonnet! gutter!

photo.php

Out of interest, how'd you do it? Tap the pins out?

no, took the clips off, one side just slipped off, the other side was more stubborn because it was bent. i thought they were pins that would just pop through but they look more like studs that are welded to the panel. its done now though :)