ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removing cam / rocker cover on a 172

A

ashy_gtt

Hello,

need some more help.... I have been trying to get the 172 conversion to run, as i was turning it over today with the plugs out looking for a spark the engine suddenly locked up. I can turn it one way 1/4 of a turn and then back 1/4 of a turn but thats it.

Anyway, i have a horrible feeling somethings dropped down one of the plug holes and is jamming in the bore :dapprove: or its dropped a valve :S.

How hard is it to remove the cam cover, i got all the bolts out but it wouldnt come away easily so i didnt wana force it. Also if there is something down there how difficult is it to remove the head? I have stripped and rebuilt over 10 R5gtt engines so i'm fairly handy but these over head cam type setups are a bit worrying for me :dead:

What is the best Haynes to get for a 2000 Clio 172 engine?

cheers Ashy.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
No Haynes manual for the 172/182 engines . Edde e mailed me a pdf for the 172 engine , don't know if it will be any good for you ?

Pm me with your e mail address if you want me to send it to you .

cam pulleys have to come off if you want the cover to come off.

Be careful as the cam bearings are built into the cam cover.