ClioSport.net

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

  • When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removing Campus sticker?

Car  1.2 Dynamique
Hi guys :) just bought a '06 reg Clio Campus Sport, its in sleek metallic black and hopefully will be having a lot of fun with it!!

Only problem is the rubbishy 'campus' sticker on the back, which completely ruins the cool look of the car. I really want to remove it but not sure how - and tbh I'm a total newbie at anything technical to do with cars :S

I've read here that you just heat it with a hairdryer and remove it. Is it that simple? How long do you heat it with the hairdryer for? Does it just suddenly peel off? Does it leave a mark?

Sorry for all the questions, its just I'm a total amateur at anything remotely technical with cars, and I'm paranoid of messing up the paintwork the day after I bought it lol! :dapprove: Should I just take it to a garage to get them to remove the sticker?

Cheers for any help u can give me!! :)
 
just put the hair dryer on it and use your nail to peel it off,the heat just makes the glue tacky to remove making it much easier.
 
i actually have the same car in black,(u have style) i took the capus badge/sticker off using boiling water just poured it over the sticker till the kettle was empty and that was enough so i could just peel it off with my finer nails, there was an outline still showing when the piant under neath hasn't seen the light so i put some T-cut on it. using the boiling water leaves no gluey residue and i woudln't suggest a stanley balde or screw driver!! destroy the paint.
 
it just peels off. you dont need any of the above. you may need to give the surrounding area of the sticker a quick wipe to remove any residue though.

i have done it.
 
Back
Top