ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removing Carbon Canister...

Ibiza FR
I'm hoping to remove mine soon, but after reading a few different threads, it seems there are a few different things to do with the pipes/wiring when removed.
Some say to block them both up and remove sensor where as others say join the two pipes together and leave sensor in.

Basically, I just want to know what I should do with each pipe in order not to cause any problems or throw up and fault codes, such as the emissions light.

Cheers

PH1 172
Iv removed mine all i done was block all the pipes up and remove sensor from the top of canister can be a bit hard to remove and you gotta be careful so you dont damage it, but just leave it plugged in otherwise it may cause the eml light to come on after a while.

Clio 182
my light is on because of this but the dealer i bought this from has paid for a new one so im happy with that.

Westy. MX5
They should be joined together so the fuel tank vent pipe goes to the manifold to burn off the tank fumes.
Another method is to cut the pipe from the tank vent and leave open to the atmosphere. The pipe going to the manifold should then be plugged or the engine will run lumpy.
You can prise out the valve from the Carbon canister as its only fixed with an O ring. Leave the two wires connected so the engine emission light stays off and tie wrap it to a body fixing behind the headlamp.