ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removing ECU Case?

Clio 172 Cup
Adding a V6 air box into the engine bay and im looking to slightly re-arrange the engine bay.

Why is the ECU encased in a really thick metal enclosure? Is it for strength (can't see why) or to reduce RF interference?

Anyway, am I safe to remove it from this?

Andy

Evo 8 MR
Loads of people have binned it for things like this. It's a bit of a fiddle to get it off iirc.

Clio 172 Cup
Loads of people have binned it for things like this. It's a bit of a fiddle to get it off iirc.

seems very excessively engineered.

I wasn't too sure if the cross brace from the front of the engine bay is there to hold the whole thing steady because it's so heavy and could flap about, or if the thing is so solid in order to support the other end of the cross brace! ;)

Anyway, this thing is going in the bin and getting replaced with a piece of alloy plate.

Golf GTD Mk7
The top should just pull off. It's tight though. I've relocated mine to the gearbox mount to fit the V6 box.