ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removing engine loom help

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
Hi guys,

Currently removing the engine bay loom, everything is off and ready to remove, apart from 1 wire.

There is one wire running into the interior of the car, along aside the bonnet cable pull.

Where would I find this last wire, to unplug it.

Thank you .

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
A 'cable' I should have said. There's a few colour wires inside the tape, it runs into the bulk head besides the bonnet pull cable.

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
This was one of my thoughts. I'll have another look today. It's daft really. Literally just this one cable left and the loom can come out.

On any other loom thread on here, I've not heard of anyone mention this one being difficult, so there must be an easy way.

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
Ahhh...assuming that's what everyone does when they remove the loom?

I'll double check and take pictures today, and hope I don't have to cut anything.

Would be good to have a few replies off one of the race car guys who have removed their loom, and cut thr redundant wires down.

I hate cutting wires, that's when the immobiliser issues start :(

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
IMG_1222.JPG
IMG_1223.JPG

Have you stripped out the dash to trace where it goes?

I have broken approx 10 clio 182/172 in the past year and all had a wire passing through like this from the alarm system.

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
Have you stripped out the dash to trace where it goes?

I have broken approx 10 clio 182/172 in the past year and all had a wire passing through like this from the alarm system.

I haven't, the interior loom/dash is completely intact. I was hoping I'd be able to split the engine loom without touching the interior/dash.

If it is for the alarm, it will not be attached to the engine loom so can just be left in place, normally it just taped/cable tied along the engine loom/bonnet release

Clio 182
Anyone have the details to the above?

My 182 alarm keeps randomly going off in the middle of the night 1-4 am and neighbours are going mad.

Anyone know how to lock the lock without the alarm??

Or disconnect / pull a fuse to cut the siren etc???

Anything!!??