ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removing Everything On Computer

German Barge
Basically i want to completely reformat the computer.... get rid of everything on there?

Im assuming in order to do this properly, im looking at loosing windows xp etc, which will need re-installing after.

Whats the quickest, and easiest way to do this... i mean step by step newbie, non fuckup guide lol...

Ta in advance.

Monaro VXR
first you need to make sure you have the drivers for all your hardware.

Then put the windows XP cd in will ask if you wanna boot from cd press any button when you start the comp up. press button follow on screen guide

basically you will then press esc then F8 and go through the little thing it does. will then give you 4 options when you choose to install it to the hard drive choose format into ntfs and thats it pretty much will need to enter your cd key in after a bit once its formatted and installed the files then it will set it up and ask for cd key etc. Once thats all finished reinstall all your graphics sound and motherboard drivers etc.

Not a Clio
yeah but be aware that the CD key has to be valid i.e. the one that came with the CD. If you've done any fiddling and obtained another key for some reason or another that it's more than likely that key will not allow you to complete the installation.

Da

Less
If it's a Packard bell you can do Smart Restore, which doesn't remove xp but basically takes the PC back to how it was when it left the factory. Again, you will need all the drivers for any added hardware.

Monaro VXR
_simon_ said:
yeah but be aware that the CD key has to be valid i.e. the one that came with the CD. If you've done any fiddling and obtained another key for some reason or another that it's more than likely that key will not allow you to complete the installation.

Never had that problem before shoudl still work fine. i have installed my current copy with 3 different CD keys on various comps.

Not a Clio
wozzaa said:
Never had that problem before shoudl still work fine. i have installed my current copy with 3 different CD keys on various comps.

Interesting, it refused mine when i accidently entered my other halfs key instead of my own!

Monaro VXR
Well i downloaded a slipstreamed version with SP2 etc cause i was too lazy to make my own and my keys all worked.