ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removing grab handles

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Torx screwdrivers, i'm off to buy some tomorrow as loads of the Mk2 interior is screwed in with them.

I'm in the process of spraying loads of bits, but the grab handles and electric mirror/door handles are torx screws.

Flat head screwdrivers will undo some of them, but they're all different sizes so you can't always get them off.

Mk2 Ph2 172
Unscrewing them then pulling... I broken mine getting them off as they are a poor design but I had brand new ones that had been re sprayed to fit ;)

MK3 Clio DCI 86
I thought I would bump this rather than start a new thread. Is it recommended to disconnect the battery when removing the door handles ? You know...because it does contain airbag switches/mirror switches etc

Just wondering as I'm removing mine this weekend.

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
Just go down to your local scrappy and get some off a Clio in there, or you can try Renparts or whomever. Don't get them from eBay, unless they're genuine OEM, because I made the mistake of buying one back when I had my 1.2 and it was a poor colour match so never ended up using it.

The key thing to be sure of is the handles have a little metal square that the torx screw goes through, if you take the screw all the way out you will more often than not lose the little metal square to the inside of the door, so don't take the screw too far out.

Megane dci 130
They normally always bust when they are removed. The best way is to unscrew the screw then put it back in a few turns. Then push the screw with your screw driver and pull the handle at the same time.