ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removing Induction kit & washer bottle..

Clio 172
Sooooo.... I'm gonna start off by admitting i have very little 'under the bonnet' knowledge and i'm in need of a little advice.

Having recently bought my Phase 2 172 i've decided to remove the Raid induction kit as (a) its not very well fitted and (b) 90% of my driving is done sub 20mph to and from work in London traffic and i can't see many real benefits in keeping it. I've also just discovered my washer bottle loses water as fast as i put it in. If i keep a hose running the front/rear/headlight washers work so i'm guessing its cracked.

Now, i visited a local dealer and ordered the air box, filter etc and a new washer bottle (@£36!!!). Now, as i'm slightly intimidated by messing around under the bonnet i enquired as to how much these two items would cost to be fitted. Wait for it..........

Around £185+ Vat. Ouch. I'm thinking i'll give it a go myself - any hints/tips/don't do it it'll all go tits up stories?

I apologise for whats probably childs play for many of you but i genuinely am crap at this sort of stuff.

Thanks in advance!

Lots of Alfas
Air box and filter is fairly straight forward, its designed to be taken off easily as the filter is a servicable part. Its just held onto the throttle by jubilee clips. Make sure you still have the air feeds going to the box.

The washer bottle is a bit of pain to get to, are you sure the leak was from the bottle? Sometimes it can be the pump/connections or the common problem of leaking where the xenon washers are under the lights.

Clio 172
Its definately around the bottle, when filled (albeit temporarily!!) it drips out of the f/n/s wheel arch. It looks a right ball ache to get out too, even for a look! Aaaarrrgghhhh

Clio 172
Well having spent nearly 3hrs today swapping the induction kit for factory filter and removing the scuttle panel/wipers (B@stard of a job!!) i succesfully changed the split screen wash bottle. 5 min from finishing with just the wipers to go on i manage to drop 2 13mm nuts into the engine bay. Its started raining, just dropping dark and i can't see them for love nor money. Needless to say i'm not amused.....
I dare not drive it in case a nut jams somewhere it shouldn't or something. My first and last attempt at car maintenance!!! ha ha

i bet both the bolts are caught in the plastic engine undertray... get undernieth, 4x 10mm bolts and it pops off.

While you've got it off, rip the padded oil catcher off and chuck it in the bin, then refit the tray. The padded foam is only useful for collecting spilt oil and adding weight.

oil4.jpg