ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removing passenger seat for track days

CLIO 4 RS 200 SPORT
Hello,

I am new to this forum and own a Clio 4 RS 200. I tried to find an answer to this question in the forum but could not find any. Occasionally, I take my car to race tracks and would like to remove the front passenger seat to remove the weight of the seat.

• Does anyone know if there is a “proper way” to remove the passenger seat to make sure I will not interfere with the airbags/ electronics?
  • Will it trigger an airbag warning light on the dashboard? If a light is on, will all the airbags be deactivated (including the driver airbags)?
  • After reinstalling the passenger seat, will I have to go to a garage to do an electronic re-set?
  • Also, will there be any impact on the seatbelt pretensioner (if there is any).
Thank you all in advance for your feedback,

G

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
As above, not worth the hassle unless you're competing and could legitimately help times

Don't waste your time, braking a 1/10th of a second later into every corner would make more difference than taking a seat out 😉

And if you leave it in people won't laugh at you either 😂

CLIO 4 RS 200 SPORT
I did remove the rear seats already. 30 kilos lighter. And a better sound inside the car.

CLIO 4 RS 200 SPORT
Don't waste your time, braking a 1/10th of a second later into every corner would make more difference than taking a seat out 😉

And if you leave it in people won't laugh at you either 😂
I dont really understand why I would be a laughing stock? Half of the people I see during the supersprints I go to have removed so many things from inside their car to make it lighter. I would be no exception. At this stage, I am not able to have 1 track car + 1 car during the week. I can only have 1 car so that's the reason why I am looking for a way to remove the seat and put it back on after the superprint events. These are times events where everyone is trying to improve their times. YES the skills of the driver are more important but the subject of my post is about removing the passenger seats out of Clio 4 RS.

CLIO 4 RS 200 SPORT
I dont really understand why I would be a laughing stock? Half of the people I see during the supersprints I go to have removed so many things from inside their car to make it lighter. I would be no exception. At this stage, I am not able to have 1 track car + 1 car during the week. I can only have 1 car so that's the reason why I am looking for a way to remove the seat and put it back on after the superprint events. These are times events where everyone is trying to improve their times. YES the skills of the driver are more important but the subject of my post is about removing the passenger seats out of Clio 4 RS.
Timed events*

Just remove it trackside, its only 4 bolts and a electronic clip. EML should go out again once refitted. As well as removing a bit of weight you also have a seat to sit on outside when off track, win-win.

CLIO 4 RS 200 SPORT
Just remove it trackside, its only 4 bolts and a electronic clip. EML should go out again once refitted. As well as removing a bit of weight you also have a seat to sit on outside when off track, win-win.
Ahahah yes it is clearly a win win situation :) If the EML goes out by itself once refitted, that would be ideal! I thought I would double check with some members here to see if anyone else did it before :)

These are times events where everyone is trying to improve their times. YES the skills of the driver are more important but the subject of my post is about removing the passenger seats out of Clio 4 RS.

Sorry, from your original post it came across like it was just for a trackday 🤐

Clio 197,with megan'
I want to remove the Recaros, and fit fibreglass buckets, but ones I have found so far, are too wide/too low,( I am a short little guy!.), and something that will bolt straight in. Anyone want to swap for recaros?. I have been looking for quite a while. Any ideas?.