ClioSport.net

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

  • When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removing rear bumper insert

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
Car  255, 230, 172, R26
Off a 172 rear bumper! Is it just a case of levering the clipy bits out & popping the tabs threw?

cheers :)
 
best bet is run your hand on the inside of the bumper, and when you feel the clips at the top try and pull them down a bit whilst pushing it through the bumper. it feels a bit barbaric but it will go, it does need quite a bit of force to go though.

Dawn ill come sort that for you if youll sort my swirls lol

jeez holy thread resurrection batman, just saw how old this was!
 
Thanks for that mate, I'll give it a go tomorrow.
Yeah lol, I did a search but couldn't find anything.
Just realised this is for a 172, is it the same technique for a 182 bumper? (Exhausts might get in the way?)
 
Thanks for that mate, I'll give it a go tomorrow.
Yeah lol, I did a search but couldn't find anything.
Just realised this is for a 172, is it the same technique for a 182 bumper? (Exhausts might get in the way?)

same. they do pop out, just be carefull not to snap the clips as the can be a little brittle
 
I put a very small flathead at the side, with an old rag to protect paint, got it under the side part and pulled it away then went along the bottom pulling it away also, took me about 2 mins and all my clips were intact :)
 
Back
Top