ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removing Rear Seats! Need help!

BBS and Lowws...
Right, changing my rear seats for sport ones and have just managed to get the black bar out from behind the seats and that was an absolute b**ch to get off. But Im just curious as to whether you are supposed to undo these next?

They literally wont budge, I dont want to break the thread because then that would be a disaster. Can someone please give me some help? ;)

Here are some pictures:

IMG_1610.jpg

IMG_1609-1.jpg

IMG_1613.jpg

Fabia VRS
BIGGEST PAIN IN THE ARSE EVER

I had to get a mate to jack the car up and take it from underneith and ended up grinding the whole thing off !

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Pump some iron!

Get some more leverage. They will come out.

SQ5
Only need to undo the one furthest back towards the boot, the other just half a turn to slacken it

BBS and Lowws...
I used a bit more of a leverage (4") thats the biggest available for that star thread.

It moved a little bit but the thread is practically gone and slips every time.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Clio Sport 182
I failed miserably at this as well, such a b**ch to get out. Advice above my post is the same method I used. Came out eventually

For some reason on both my Clio's I've never had an issue removing the isofix bar or these torx screws.

As said, you only need to fully remove the one furthest toward the rear of the car. The one further forward you can just loosen slightly, then the bracket will slide out.

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
sorry, but LOL at not being able to undo a pretty big bolt with a 4" bar!! what did you really expect!!

get tubes to an axle stand and slide it over the end to make the bar longer, just make sure its a nice fit or it will slide off!

172 cup
sorry, but LOL at not being able to undo a pretty big bolt with a 4" bar!! what did you really expect!!

get tubes to an axle stand and slide it over the end to make the bar longer, just make sure its a nice fit or it will slide off!

This!

Should always have a hollow bar at hand :)

Fiesta ST + Clio 182
Get under the car and give the black bolt a good clean with a wire brush and soak in wd40. Then, next day try loosening it, when it won't move anymore, tighten, then loosen and so on. Add more wd40 if needed. that's what worked for me mate.

2003 clio 1.2 16v
be tackling them two bolts tomoz fingers crossed mine come straight out :)

also need abit of help when i have fully stripped the back out what can i put down to make it all nice an flat?