ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removing rear wiper

More poke than viagr
I'm sure this has been asked/answered many times before but, how do you remove the rear wiper?

I had a quick look at it last night but couldn't see how its removed :S.

Do you need to take the boot card thing off?

Help and pics would be appreciated :)

clio 182
Iirc i think you just undo the interior trim on the boot inside undo the motor and linkage wires ect, pull it out, pop a grommet in the hole, might have to clip the wires back together, i had to in my last fiesta.

More poke than viagr
cool, thanks mate. will go and have a better look if this bloody rain stops lol

lift the plastic cover, undo the nut (10mm iirc) and use a pulling tool to remove it from the splines.

More poke than viagr
Thanks fudge, bit of a noob question but where is the nut? On the outside or inside?

Cheers.

172 cup
Think ill be doing this myself soon. I've seen a couple of the french boys motors with a flush trim. The trim that usually has hole in for rear wiper. But fook knows where they got it

225 powered mk2
I did mine.

Lift up the plastic cap and undo the bolt.
Then i wd40 itand it came off easy as anything.
Then open the boot and remove the trim,
Undo the bolts which Hold the motor on.
Then on the ouside remove the large nut at the bottom of the stem.
Then it just pulls out.

Then i used the plastic plating and smoothed it otu with some body filler. :)

More poke than viagr
I've just had another look but i dont know what the 'plastic cap' is. :S
Do you mean the backing plate, or the wiper arm itself?

Sorry about this :eek:

172 cup
you need a plastic cap to bung up the hole for when you remove the rear wiper moto. As it will leave a hole. Is that what you mean?

More poke than viagr
no, i bought a cap from someone off here a while ago so thats sorted.
People say "lift up the plastic cap and undo the bolt" but i dont know what they mean and cant see any bolt :eek:

More poke than viagr
sorry about that guys, im just not with it today lol...well it is my day off so i guess i have an excuse :eek:

anywhoo, i got it off and got the new plate on and it looks soo much better. Thanks for all your help guys :star:

Photo119.jpg

now i don't know wether to keep it black or colour code it lol

More poke than viagr
Its the standard cover that has been fiberglassed over by the look of it, he made a good job of it.
I know that you can get grommits to fit in the hole, and renault used to sell the blank covers but i dont know if you can get hold of one now. Best bet is to put it up in the wanted section.

PH1 172 Sport
Don't really understand why people remove the rear wiper as I use mine to clear the rear screen when on the motorway etc

More poke than viagr
I know what you mean, i just think it looks a lot more tidy at the back.

Although i might end up putting it back on after a while lol

Clio 172
hey guys

I want to remove my rear wiper!
But when I'm removing the wiper, I want to remove the switch.

Does anybody have the part number of the wiper switch without rear wiper (from ragnotti?) in HARM02 interieur code.

If anybody have the leading seven digits of a VIN from a ragnotti (VF1...) it would be also helpful.

Thanks a lot!
Greets, Thomas