ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

removing side badges help!!!

hi everyone how do you remove the 2.0 16v badges? are they easy to remove with a flat screw driver..going to take them off and give them a good clean cos you can really give them a good one when they are on the car..help please cheers

Breaking A 172 Replica
If I were you I would take the whole bump strips off.

This way you won't snap the clips so easily.

Sam

cheers guys for quick reply what the best method then how do they come off and the side strips as well? cheers..what tool would you use to take them off ;-)

RS Clio 200
i just used a small flat head and a fair bit of patience mate... didnt take the strips off myself

Breaking A 172 Replica
The side strips just push off. Open the door and then push towards the front arch.

Then you should be able to see the badges from the otherside of the strip.

Sam

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
The side strips just push off. Open the door and then push towards the front arch.

Then you should be able to see the badges from the otherside of the strip.

Sam

Don't ya mean open the door and push the bump strip towards the rear arch ;) ?

lol cheers guys for your help so fare i would much prefer to get the badges off on there own without touching the side strips saying that which is the best way to get them off carefully? cheers

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Clidge , it litterally takes 2 seconds to get the bump strips off . Door open , push it back and its off , and no chance of busting the clips :)

right ok buddy so open the door pull the strips towards me i.e towards the rear and it will come straight off then how do i get the badges of from here cheers mate

the strips do have a plug which holds them in place - they would be too eay to get off otherwise - when you open the door you will see a rubber grommit on the inside at the same height as the bump strip - remove this and inside you will see the back of the strip - you need to use a screw driver (or something else thin and long) to go into the hole ( the clip is about 7/10mm lower than the hole) then push the plastic clip outwards whilst pulling the strip backwards at the same time - its really easy - takes 2 seconds.

cheers mate will the side badges come of with the side strips them? or does it make it easier to get to them? cheers

BMW M3
I was about to ask the exact same question :p

Best of luck Clidge, pm me to let me know how you get on if you do it today.

cheers mate i think i will have a go tonight but through the week is useless for me to be honest i am too busy!! got to go and see my mate for his 21st and give him his pressy he he!!!