ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

removing stripes

RB 182
After over a year of thinking about it i've decided to remove the stripes that the dealer put on my 182. Has anyone on here done this and does it leave a sticky mark? If it does whats the best thing to remove it or is it a professionals job? Anything else i should know before doing this.....cheers

LY 182 FF CUPPED
I had mine re-done a few weeks back by a mobile sticker company.
If they are of a decent vinyl they should remove quite easy, just take your time not to tear the strip as you peel it back.
Once it was off, the guy used a tiny bit of white spirit to clean any residue...not sure if thats the correct stuff to use......but it has not left any marks on my RB182...just make sure to apply plenty of polish and wax afterwards.
Some might say a touch of MEGS scratch X to cover any colour change....

106 GTi
Apply a bit of heat to soften the adhesive before your remove - hairdryer should work fine.

i removed mine by using a hairdryer and then a good clean with tar remover for the sticky glue residue
IMG_0473.jpg

kullyinaction.jpg

mine with stripes

Photo-0012.jpg

Last edited:
  RB 182
right well i think its out with the hair dryer and give it ago then and see what happens. on one of the above replies colour change was mentioned. they have been on the car for just over a year. should this be a big problem or not as i dont want two different blue shades on my car

106 GTi
You wont know re the colour change until you remove them, may be none, or maybe some fading. If there is the basecoat colour will have faded under the clearcoat most probably so not alot you can do to fix it - bar a repaint