ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removing Stuff That Dont Wanna Be Removed?

Punto/Clio GTT
uninstalled a game but its left an empty folder in c/program files and an empty start menu shortcut.

how can i remove these completely?

vaguely remember doing it years ago going into hkey root users or something like that?

Monaro VXR
Did you uninstall it using the windows add/remove programs as it normally gives you an option if you wish to leave the folder etc.

If you say no they go away when you uninstall.

Otherwise just highlight the folder and press the delete button.

Punto/Clio GTT
yea i uninstalled it properly but it left a blank folder in program files which cant be deleted. just says cant delete, cant find source or something

the empty start menuy shortcut cant be right clicked at all

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
yea i uninstalled it properly but it left a blank folder in program files which cant be deleted. just says cant delete, cant find source or something

the empty start menuy shortcut cant be right clicked at all

Sounds like a drive corruption.

Cupra
That would really piss me off. lol

There should be some "force delete" tool or command that you can use but I have never had to go that far.

Good luck with it, I am out of ideas.

BG 182
whenever i want to get rid of something i go to my control panel, click on add or remove programs and delete it from there

Punto/Clio GTT
121234-1.jpg

"Mafia"

Punto/Clio GTT
right, got rid of the the folder, now i just gotta get rid of the start menu shortcut

its weird, i hover over it and it says empty, i try right click it and nothing happens, all the others in the list right click fine

cheers for the help

RS 172Cup(SOLD); R26 Meg
where are you looking at it from, the start menu or the folder view in Explorer?

If you are looking at it though start menu and you are using XP there are 2 places the file/folder will be

%allusersprofile%\start menu\programs\

or

%userprofile%\start menu\programs\

Just copy and paste one of the above paths into a windows or internet explorer window and it will go to the correct location. You can use the same method as youo used with the folder to delete it.

the %.....% are environment variables that are registered to the various paths eg c:\Documents and settings\all users etc.

RS 172Cup(SOLD); R26 Meg
just paste one of the paths in bold straight into a browser matie, it will direct you to the correct path