ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removing Suspension

Clio Dynamique Noir
Just ordered some Vmaxx coilies and will be fitting them myself. When I am taking off the old suspension, someone has said to me that I will need a spring compressor otherwise the spring could shoot off when i undo it. I didnt think that it would have been a problem. Has anyone removed the old supspension before or know that this would happen?
Thanks

Ive done it twice so far (sport), you need spring compressors (<£20) for dismantling the original suspension (as you need the bearings for the fronts) , but not for actually getting it off the car. However if you've got brand new bearings (not needed imo, i used the old ones).....no spring compressors needed.

Pencil in a full day's work, as the first time i had one b**ch of a bolt rusted in to hell, which took 3 hours to shift without killing it. (If not you can do it in a couple of hours if everything goes to plan)

(Useful to have impact wrench for top mounts aswell, saves pissing about when removing)

Clio Dynamique Noir
Cheers Oatcake, ill definately be looking back at that when i come to fit them! Shameless..ive just bought some vmaxx, i dont think they come with new bearings so will i need to dismantle the old suspension? Thanks