ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

removing wheels

BMW M135I
this may sound stupid yea i know, but after removing the 4 bolts holding the alloy wheel on (btw they are standard 172 alloys) do i have to remove the bolt in the middle as the wheels arent coming off, im thinking it might be they are just stuck on and need a slight pull?

2016 Audi RS3
That is the hub nut, no you don't need to remove it. Just pull give the wheels a pull on alternating sides top and bottom and it will eventually come free. Alternatively give the tyre a gentle tap in the same fashion with a rubber mallet.

Megane 225
Sorry, I did try to resist! Put the car on an axle stand a try hitting the wheel from behind with a rubber mallet. Should come off! Try greasing the hub with copper grease before putting wheel back on, that way they should come off easier next time!

BMW M135I
Have you jacked the car up? Usually loosens the wheel considerably

ha ha lol, too late now, weve already had the joker, nar just gave it a good fist at top and it soon fell off, i got use to mine coming off straight away on my old clio

In the process though, as my mate was putting the bolts back on, one wheel nut decides to snap in the wheel, so its a brake disc job off so got a garage to sort that out and put my hc's on at the same time

Christ on a bike! No matter where you go there is always someone from Yorkshire ready to make a fool of us. ;)

If you are struggling to get a wheel off you probably shouldn't be doing the job in the first place.

BMW M135I
Christ on a bike! No matter where you go there is always someone from Yorkshire ready to make a fool of us. ;)

If you are struggling to get a wheel off you probably shouldn't be doing the job in the first place.

ye ok then done it thousands of time before with the clio 1.4 so why cant i do a sport, just to be certain someone hasnt done something before my ownership seen as ive only had it 3 week, someone could have done anything prior to it and it just needed a big kick, would have been ok doing that and damaging something else wouldnt i?