ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removing window tints

lancecup

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 cup
Has anyone tried to remove tints from their windows before? I just got the car and I love it but I hate the tinted rear windows.
I have watched a couple of YouTube vids where they just heat them up with a hairdryer and slowly peel it off and make it look easy but I’m not sure it will be that easy in real life so I’m not sure whether to give it a go myself or just pay someone to remove them professionally

Ph2 172, 106 Rallye
I just found a corner and started to rip them off. Mine had ‘limo’ tints all round and It was the first thing I done when I got it home.

I used tar remover on a rag afterward to get the residue off the window. It was a bit of a nightmare!

lancecup

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 cup
Ha that’s what I have they completely ruin the car in my opinion. Ah thanks mate I was worried it would be a nightmare I might get some quotes for someone to come and remove them In that case

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
Ha that’s what I have they completely ruin the car in my opinion. Ah thanks mate I was worried it would be a nightmare I might get some quotes for someone to come and remove them In that case
I wouldn't worry about paying someone to come and do them for you to be fair. It's a really easy job, just time consuming. Just dedicate an afternoon or an evening to removing them all. But its just a pain in the ass but straight forward.

Renault 5 GT Turbo
Heat gun comes in handy... but tbh they just peel off, left over glue is fun... various solvents will remove it... also a flat blade will help aswell