ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removing wing mirror glass

Monaco 172
Hi guys,

I've just noticed that the wing mirror glass on the passenger side wing mirror doesn't quite fit the wing mirror surround. The glass in there at the moment is also like some kind of magnifying glass which proves to be a massive ball ache when driving, especially on the motorways!

So, my questions are:
How easy is it to remove the wing mirror glass without damaging anything? (Pictures or a guide for this would be very useful!)
Where's the best place to get a genuine replacement mirror and how much are they?

Cheers

Ollie

Lionel Richie
ask Daniel? ;)

it pops out, just push the end nearest the car in, and lever it out gentle and it will pop out

clio 172/Fabia vRS
When i smashed my passenger side mirror I got a replacement on ebay for about a fiver. I couldn't work out how to remove the original glass from the electics to adjust the angle, so I just stuck the new glass over the old. So far, so good. You can't tell it's a bit thicker, and the controls to angle it still work.

Monaco 172
Cheers guys! Just found a genuine replacement on eBay, £7!

I think i'll go for the gentle lever out approach with the screwdriver first. If that fails i'll get the hammer out! :p

Ph 1 172
on mine there was 2 cables one of them slid out and one popped out if you forced it..it would of ripped the cable so dont be to heavy handed