ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Renault £240 Dreamers

Went to Renault to day to see if they could find out why there was a loud noise from the car ( some where ).

Said it was the front wheel bearing, then said it would cost £240 to fix,(At that point i drove off).

How can they Justifie that price?.

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
They saw your lovely face, knew you couldn't afford it and wanted a piece of your ass. Other than that they just rip people off and see if they can get away with it. :D

DarthCake said:
They saw your lovely face, knew you couldn't afford it and wanted a piece of your ass. Other than that they just rip people off and see if they can get away with it. :D

If thats all they wanted they could of asked.

I didnt even want them to do it any way:) I just wanted to find out the problem so i could fix it. But it made me laugh

(They also put my exhaust back on the Rubber, And told me the problem ) All that for free? I dont no if they was ment to charge me for that ?? But i didn't go back in the Waiting room i just drove off when they brought the car back from road test. .

Da

Less
I had the same problem when mine went. I struggled to get any other garage to attempt the clio bearing as they're 'special' apparently. Ended up getting Renault to do it in the end!

*edit* just realised yours is a Mk1

Daz_2427 said:
I had the same problem when mine went. I struggled to get any other garage to attempt the clio bearing as they're 'special' apparently. Ended up getting Renault to do it in the end!

:eek: How much did you pay ? £240?

I have had this 'Noise' Problem for months i already changed the drivers side bearing. My mate works for honda ;) Free use of tools.

Looking for a 1.8 16v
i paid 80quid at my local garage for both of the front 2 ring some ur local garage there prices will be cheaper compared to renault!!

DarthCake said:

lmfao! sounds about right!!

Clio 172 mk2
DarthCake said:

Sounds about right.....good old Renaut eh

M

Mark E-J

u think thats bad ,

i priced up having the clutch changed on my valver and one garage said £580 coz its a 12 and half hour job (book time)

While i was in the waiting room, I heard some man phone up asking to have his cluch greaced up, They said it would take 2 hours.

Renault waiting rooms are comedy... some of the conversations that go on in there that you listen to when waiting...!