ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault £240 Dreamers

Went to Renault to day to see if they could find out why there was a loud noise from the car ( some where ).

Said it was the front wheel bearing, then said it would cost £240 to fix,(At that point i drove off).

How can they Justifie that price?.

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
They saw your lovely face, knew you couldn't afford it and wanted a piece of your ass. Other than that they just rip people off and see if they can get away with it. :D

DarthCake said:
They saw your lovely face, knew you couldn't afford it and wanted a piece of your ass. Other than that they just rip people off and see if they can get away with it. :D

If thats all they wanted they could of asked.

I didnt even want them to do it any way:) I just wanted to find out the problem so i could fix it. But it made me laugh

(They also put my exhaust back on the Rubber, And told me the problem ) All that for free? I dont no if they was ment to charge me for that ?? But i didn't go back in the Waiting room i just drove off when they brought the car back from road test. .

Da

Less
I had the same problem when mine went. I struggled to get any other garage to attempt the clio bearing as they're 'special' apparently. Ended up getting Renault to do it in the end!

*edit* just realised yours is a Mk1

Daz_2427 said:
I had the same problem when mine went. I struggled to get any other garage to attempt the clio bearing as they're 'special' apparently. Ended up getting Renault to do it in the end!

:eek: How much did you pay ? £240?

I have had this 'Noise' Problem for months i already changed the drivers side bearing. My mate works for honda ;) Free use of tools.

Looking for a 1.8 16v
i paid 80quid at my local garage for both of the front 2 ring some ur local garage there prices will be cheaper compared to renault!!

DarthCake said:

lmfao! sounds about right!!

Clio 172 mk2
DarthCake said:

Sounds about right.....good old Renaut eh

M

Mark E-J

u think thats bad ,

i priced up having the clutch changed on my valver and one garage said £580 coz its a 12 and half hour job (book time)

While i was in the waiting room, I heard some man phone up asking to have his cluch greaced up, They said it would take 2 hours.

Renault waiting rooms are comedy... some of the conversations that go on in there that you listen to when waiting...!