ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault badges front and rear

clio 182
I have seen on ebay that you can buy covers for the front and rear badges, the later clio MK3 there are loads for but for the Mk2 there are just wrapped ones or some that are nearly £100.00 each.. being a person who looks at this all the time, and have obviously too much time on my hands.

I can get these injection moulded at work, slightly bigger than the original front and rear and maybe 1mm thick..

What colours do you think that I should make, i was thinking , black red white and Blue..

What are every bodies thoughts to colours and what do you think would people be willing to pay for them, the link to the other ones is below... expensive.com
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RENAULT-C...rParts_SM&fits=Model:Clio&hash=item3f227787e3

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Ive got carbon affect ones. Imo they look better than standard Black. I dubt there would be much calling for this, might be wrong though,

clio 182
just trying to work that out, its the tooling that costs a lot... what would people be prepared to pay for them.. ??

Listerine & Poledo
just trying to work that out, its the tooling that costs a lot... what would people be prepared to pay for them.. ??
given the wide number of alternative options, from eBay and such the like. Probably not a lot. You'll either need to compete on price or produce something so completely different and amazing that people will pay the difference.

Also, how much do some standard badges and a couple of rattle cans / sheet of Cabron-Fibbre cost? Because that's the other competitor against your plan there.

clio 182
there are only those ones on ebay, and although there are spray cans and the like , its not as good as a special made piece of kit.. we all love our Clio's..

Listerine & Poledo
Absolutely, but you'll need to produce something worth spending the extra on, that's my point. "not as good"? Gonna need to prove it.
And in a range of finishes as not everyone will want "Cabrone Fiber" effect.

Essentially, make some, see if they sell. Then you'll have your answer. But you could be hard pushed to do a CS group buy on a product that only exists in your head at this time.

One thing though? Whats with the tooling costs? just 3D print, surely that'll be cheaper, easier and a lot less faff.

Titanium 182
No more than £30 delivered for both, and that's because I could easily do them myself with some spray cans. Could be something in it though but I wouldn't expect much profit

clio 182
they are injection moulded.. so thats were the tooling costs come in..wasnt asking for a group buy just advice really if to what people would pay..

Listerine & Poledo
just advice really if to what people would pay..
Do some CAD renderings of the kind of thing you're thinking about and post them up, see what interest you get with a speculative price point that will cover your costs with a bit of profit.
Then you can always rinse the eBay buyers for obscene costs.

Listerine & Poledo
If you've designed them in CAD, just do a selection of different coloured example pics. But typically I'd imagine:-
Silver
Black
"Cabrone"
Ampasand
Blue
Red
White

That would cover most peeps

clio 182
i didn't have to do the drawing, i have found the company who makes them for Renault and they can supply direct bonus..
Can really only get black white red and blue at the min...

Listerine & Poledo
I can get these injection moulded at work
its the tooling that costs a lot... what would people be prepared to pay for them.. ??
they are injection moulded.. so thats were the tooling costs come in
i have found the company who makes them for Renault and they can supply direct bonus..
errrrrrrr
Now I'm lost. Are you actually making anything, or just buying off of one company to flog on?

clio 182
We can make them, but have now after some digging can get them direct from the supplier, they can supply the whole badge and not a cover in three different colours