ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault Batteries- How Much?

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Being 4 years old this month, and having developed a habit of resetting its trip computer every few days recently, i came to the fairly obvious conclusion that my Cups battery is prob giving up the ghost.
Been quoted around about 50 notes for a new 4 year one but read somewhere that Renault charge £37 for one.

Can anyone confirm? Cheers!

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Ahh ok. Thought 37 quid from Renault sounded too good to be true.

Local parts shop it is then!

CB600FS
Olliee hafords do 4 year gaurantee on some batteries unsure what ones though.

If you've got a mate with a trade card its more than 50% off batteries aswell

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Trip computer reseting is faulty dials its a common fault and happens every winter, will be replaced under warranty but no good to you unless you have an extended one?

Trip computer reseting is faulty dials its a common fault and happens every winter, will be replaced under warranty but no good to you unless you have an extended one?

I guess you've posed in the wrong topic/..
But check the earth lines as well about dash's dying also the connectors.

I recently paid £58 for the best one Halfords could give me... Calcium something or other... was 20% off at the time so though it was a good deal :)

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member

I guess you've posed in the wrong topic/..
But check the earth lines as well about dash's dying also the connectors.

what you mean? this is the topic i ment to post in, guy says his trip computer keeps reseting, i told him its a common problem which it is?!

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Well not having an extended warranty and having hooked the battery up to a tester and have it come up "REPLACE", i think im gonna go for the new battery!

The trip only resets intermittedly and since i've realised that i haven't been doing many longer runs in it I figured the battery must be losing charge so i've done a few longer runs and it hasn't reset itself for a good 4-5 days now.

Thanks for the heads up tho!

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Ahh hello there my good man....

Whats the price then? I've done the genius thing of leaving my phone at home today so if he has rung i've missed it!

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Yeah i will do but not just yet. Mine's still ok for the moment but im taking it up to Scotland in January so wanna get it changed before then.

Hows it going down there today? Much on?

Vauxhall VX220 and 172
Nothing at all mate, I didn't realise the internet actually has a limit when you can no longer find anything of interest!! Found a great place selling hot lunchs though! And yourself?