ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault Clio immobiliser fault.

Renault clio
Hello. Probably a fault that has been mentioned numerous times over the years. I've had immobiliser faults on my Renault Clio expression 2003 and over come them, but this one might be in the hands of an auto electrian. The red light on the dashboard goes off but doesn't start, not even to turn the battery over. Any advice on what this could be? Fuses etc.

182 clio
Hello. Probably a fault that has been mentioned numerous times over the years. I've had immobiliser faults on my Renault Clio expression 2003 and over come them, but this one might be in the hands of an auto electrian. The red light on the dashboard goes off but doesn't start, not even to turn the battery over. Any advice on what this could be? Fuses etc.

Try connecting a jump lead on to beg Batt terminal and the other side of jump lead to top engine mount or down at gearbox.
And post the results

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Could be the starter motor that isn't working. Have you tried push starting the car.